[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - FreeBSD on Parallella

FreeBSD on Parallella

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

FreeBSD on Parallella

Postby speccy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:17 am

Hello to the geeks here,

First post here... I'm really excited about the Parallella and the possibilities of this little board. I have been programming FPGA for a while now, and I'm looking forward using the ZYNQ chip. One of my friend has been taking a course on parallel programming with MPI, so I'll be asking from some tips from him.

Some folks over the FreeBSD mailing list posted some info about a port for the ZYNQ ( http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/free ... 04469.html ). You can also find installation instructions here : http://www.thomasskibo.com/zedbsd/

I think that using FreeBSD would be nice with embedded systems, especially because of the monolithic structure of the OS (Bells and whistles included).

So let me know if you are interested tinkering with this.

Fred
speccy

Re: FreeBSD on Parallella

Postby 9600 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:18 am

Hi Fred,

I think FreeBSD support would be great to have, and if this is something that you would like to pursue then by all means, please do!
Andrew Back

Re: FreeBSD on Parallella

Postby draco003 » Tue May 07, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi Fred,

I'm very interested in running BSD on a Parallella once I get it.
I think I will start with FreeBSD, DragonFlyBSD and perhaps nanoBSD.

It will be more robust than the default Ubuntu installation for sure. Especially the Memory part (RAM).

Keep me posted on your research.

Thanks,
Draco
raco » OpenSource » OpenMind
✔ Protecting our Ocean Planet - One Dive at a Time.
✔ My FreeBSD, Web Dev, and Electronics Weblog.
Practice Practice Practice ...
draco003

Return to General Discussion