[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Microserver will not boot

Microserver will not boot

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Microserver will not boot

Postby rabii » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:08 pm

I think you are seeing a different problem than I was. Mine was not even getting to log anything until I moved to the new devicetree.You are obviously getting further than I was so I doubt we are seeing the same thing.

As for the new devicetree the post by 9600 has a link in it to another page where there is a link that will eventually get you to this:

If you download this it will give you the new devicetree.
rabii

Postby xran_deex » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:30 am

So, I've tried all of these suggestions and the board still won't recognize the sdcard (any sdcard). I've contacted Adapteva (Sunday), but no one has responded. What a waste of money. Maybe I didn't send to the right address. Does anyone know of the contact info for returning a board? Thanks.
xran_deex

Postby rabii » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:13 am

Note: I do not work for Parallella. I am just another customer.

Maybe there is something wrong with the board but if you are getting output then I am not so sure. If you are willing to mail it to me [AT YOUR OWNR RISK] I will see if I can get it booted for you. If you want to please let me know at frabii@alum.mit.edu and I will give you the address. There will be no charge for my work but you have to mail it to me with all the required parts including a micro sd and a power supply that I will check out and verify as working for you.

I will mail all of them back to you.
This is strictly a favor with no results guaranteed and no promises made except for my best effort.
rabii

Postby xran_deex » Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:06 am

I tried a 4th sdcard. Still nothing. :( I emailed every address on Adapteva's site and haven't received a single response. rabii, I might take you up on your offer. I'm going to wait a few more days, though.
xran_deex

Postby Claggy » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 am

Claggy

Postby xran_deex » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:38 pm

Update:
I returned my board and bought a new one. I plugged one of my sdcards into it, and it booted right up. So, sure enough, there was an issue with the sdcard hardware. Thanks for everyone's help.
xran_deex

Previous

Return to Troubleshooting