[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB not working

USB not working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB not working

Postby ESI » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:46 pm

From what I see, the USB PC port in the schematic should be ok. And my understanding is, Parallella should be in the role of device not host on this port, only second port is OTG.
Am I mistaken?
What should be the reason, that it is not working?

I am planning to use it... via gadget driver....
All documentation is showing off with 2 USBs...
ESI

Postby ESI » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:23 pm

I checked in Planahead/Platform studio, both USB are active, but in the device tree for Linux, I only find one USB...
Does sombody knows the reaon?
ESI

Postby shahram » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi there,

I just received my parallella board with the mentioned fixed on U13 (pin 7,8) running the latest ubuntu 14.04(11th June 2014) but unfortunately the USB port near the power connector does not work, No power at all. I had plan to power up the board with a USB adapter 5v 3A (High quality) using the USB connector near HDMI port that works great, and connect my wireless mouse and keyboard to the other port, but the second one does not seem to work. Any fix yet? :?
shahram

Postby 9600 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:58 am

Andrew Back

Postby Sean S » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 am

I have just tried the new Parallella Ubuntu 14.04 release. It just does not work even having implemented the ECO. I would be keen to hear if anyone else is having the same problem still with USB.

Thanks.
Sean S

Postby 9600 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:37 am

Andrew Back

Postby shahram » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your reply, I wish it would work that way, I already tested both USBs, the one close to Ethernet does not power up the board (at least in my case), only the one close to HDMI does that. I will get my barrel cable in few days and let you know what happened.

Best regards,
Shahram
shahram

Postby Sean S » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:07 am

Hi Andrew

Thank you for your response.

I did copy the latest kernel and FPGA bistream to the BOOT volume of my SD card. And I am using HDMI.

Sean
Sean S

Postby gceline » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:26 pm

Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Postby perles » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:45 pm

I've finally booted my Parallella board with USB working fine. I've have had issues so far with the USB keyboard/mouse but using the trick to boot it with the long USB cable then switching to the short one with the K400 dongle does the trick. Initially I thought it was because I was using a Logitech K400 wireless keyboard, but it turns out that the the problem was with the board. I hope you guys at Adapteva are looking into this issue.
perles

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting