[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - USB not working

USB not working

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: USB not working

Postby bszente » Fri May 30, 2014 5:44 am

bszente

Postby shodruk » Fri May 30, 2014 12:29 pm

Last edited by shodruk on Fri May 30, 2014 3:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby rrr » Fri May 30, 2014 3:06 pm

I wondered that too. The board is new and I have hardly used it. I have tried plugging in keyboards and mice one at a time because I don't have the right type of power hub. I've checked them on my computer and they are all 100 mA, so I didn't break it by using over 500 mA. So did lights work for the people who were successful with the long USB cable solution?
rrr

Postby bszente » Fri May 30, 2014 3:36 pm

bszente

Postby rrr » Fri May 30, 2014 3:45 pm

No my board does not have the ECO fix. It still has the U13 switch.
rrr

Postby bszente » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:19 am

bszente

Postby rrr » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:54 pm

So, I got access to another board that has the ECO fix. The USB worked great on that one. I used an SD card that had the Parallella Speed Up tricks applied. I did not even need the long USB cable. As for the previous board, I think someone will try to remove U13 and add the resistor so it will work as well.
rrr

Postby jubertroldan » Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Mine works but also intermittent..sometimes i wait for awhile and the plug unplug a couple of times..then it works..i hope it does not get destroyed vs time

i use Microsoft 800 wireless keyboard+mouse 50mA draw..so i am guessing there are no issues with that..
jubertroldan

Postby slowboy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:41 pm

I noticed on my board that the usb port between the power jack and ethernet jack has no power.
But, the usb port by the hdmi powers my ps2 keyboard, a lighted mouse and a ps2/usb adapter no
problem. I've recently tried the "long usb cable" workaround and it seems to work. I previously had
to unplug and replug in the power repeatedly up to ten times to get it to boot with usb.
So, rrr, have you try the workaround with both usb ports?

slowboy
slowboy

Postby Sean S » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Don't use the USB host port (USB located next to the power connector). It is only to be used as an alternative to providing power through the barrel connector as per this post: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1137
Sean S

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting