[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Portable Setup with Laptop and Headless Board

Portable Setup with Laptop and Headless Board

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Portable Setup with Laptop and Headless Board

Postby txt103120 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:43 am

Hello community,

I'm new to SBC development and recently purchased a headless Parallella board with the intention of parallel programming on my laptop (at school, so needing a portable setup). I followed the Ubuntu 14.04 headless install guide but have ran into the issue of not being able to get the IP address of the board at boot so I cannot ssh over ethernet (although all of the appropriate leds are lit, so it appears that the board is booting). Since my intention is to be portable, I'd prefer not to carry around an ethernet router (or switch, if that would actually work). What is the recommended approach to modifying the micro sdcard so that at boot I will have a known static IP address? Just to be clear, I intend to only connect the board with my laptop via ethernet cable (for ssh) and microUSB-USB (for file transfer).

Thanks in advance,

Todd
txt103120

Re: Portable Setup with Laptop and Headless Board

Postby sebraa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 pm

sebraa

Postby teapczynski » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:29 pm

I have a similar need except my PC only has wireless Ethernet. Is there a setup procedure (or hardware option to get wireless) to work entirely from the serial UART? I am not exactly sure of the steps to get the serial to work, even after look through the forums.
teapczynski

Postby sebraa » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:07 pm

sebraa

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A