[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - opencl issues

opencl issues

Moderator: dar

opencl issues

Postby notzed » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:45 am

notzed

Re: opencl issues

Postby dar » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:23 pm

I will take a look at (a), its probably a quick fix.

As far as (b), let me understand, you are using int b[4]; on the host as a cl_int4, but you are having trouble when you try to pass this as an argument to a kernel, correct? I can look at that also. There is no real advantage to using vector data types for Epiphany (cores are scalar) but I understand this is convenient once you start doing this with OpenCL.

Regarding (c) can you post the kernel. Two things. We need to turn off some of the debug output, there was a debug switch that was left on in a specific routine that is making the run-time obnoxiously verbose. Watch for a 1.6.1 update soon. However, in this case the output is instructive. Your kernel is not completing. Each core is in state '4' which means the host thinks the kernel is running, its waiting for the state to drop to '0' for completion. If you could post kernel and just the ndrange you launch with I might be able to get more of an idea what is going on.
dar

Return to OpenCL