[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Error in building the SDK

Error in building the SDK

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Error in building the SDK

Postby Takouh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi all!

I am trying to install the Epiphany SDK on Ubuntu and I am using the latest version of SDK, probabely 4.7 . After resolving some issues, I have encountered an error that I cannot deal with. when I run the ./build-toolchain.sh, I get the following error:

eelf32epiphany_4x4.c: In function ‘gldelf32epiphany_4x4_place_orphan’:
eelf32epiphany_4x4.c:1397:15: error: ‘SPECIAL’ undeclared (first use in this function)
eelf32epiphany_4x4.c:1397:15: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
make[3]: *** [eelf32epiphany_4x4.o] Error 1

Has anyone encountered this issue or does any one know how to solve it?

Thanks..
Takouh

Re: Error in building the SDK

Postby simoncook » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi Takouh,

No I can't say I have seen this issue, but I will look and see if I can find anything to solve it. Before I do though, in case its relevant/makes the issue clear, when you say "after resolving some issues", what issues did you have previously?

Thanks
Useful SDK Links: - - -
simoncook

Postby Takouh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

Hey Simon,

Thank you for your reply.
The issues were mostly about necessary libraries that were missing like GMP, MPFR, MPC and so on. So I believe my current problem is not related to the previous library installations. I would appreciate any suggestion.

Thank you!
Takouh

Postby timpart » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:54 pm

I had problems similar when doing this in Cygwin. It seemed to be related to the version of automake I was using. I think something generates C code from the configuration data and it goes wrong with some versions.

Also could well be worth doing the build from scratch deleting intermediate files it has done already.
timpart

Postby Takouh » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:37 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your responses.
I found the soloution to my problem. As a matter of fact, this error occured because I had neglected to install some needed packages like bison, flex and so on. A complete list of needed packages could be found at: https://github.com/parallella/epiphany- ... g-on-Linux . So before building the SDK, these packages should be installed on the machine.

Thank you!
Takouh

Return to Programming Q & A