[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - GCC Tool Chain Build

GCC Tool Chain Build

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

GCC Tool Chain Build

Postby abdul529 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:33 am

I am new to tool chain building. I have a question about the tool chain build.
The tool chain that is going to build is a gcc compatible tool which will compile the
C source code into Ephiphany architecture instructions. So will the tool chain build
process affect the exisitng gcc complier ?
abdul529

Re: GCC Tool Chain Build

Postby tnt » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:42 am

No.

1) All cross compilers have a prefix (so like e-gcc instead of gcc)
2) It's installed in a separate directory which is not in the path by default ( you can choose it, for example /opt/epiphany )
tnt

Postby abdul529 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 am

Thank you tnt.
After cloning the sources from github, I am building the tool chain. The build is not successful
It shows an error as below:

configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.2+, MPFR 2.3.1+ and MPC 0.8.0+.
Try the --with-gmp, --with-mpfr and/or --with-mpc options to specify
their locations. Source code for these libraries can be found at
their respective hosting sites as well as at
ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/. See also
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional info. If
you obtained GMP, MPFR and/or MPC from a vendor distribution package,
make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the header
files. They may be located in separate packages.

I have downloaded and installed GMP from the ftp and also given the configure option
in build-toolchain.sh at the line
mkdir -p "${build_dir}" && cd "${build_dir}" \
&& "${unified_src}/configure" --target=epiphany-elf \
--with-pkgversion="Epiphany toolchain 20120120 (built `date +%Y%m%d`)" \
--with-bugurl=support-sdk@adapteva.com \
--enable-fast-install=N/A \
--enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix="${install_dir}" \
--with-headers="$(absolutedir ../src/newlib/libc/include)" \
--disable-gdbtk --with-gmp=/home/abdul/Downloads/GMP/gmp-5.1.0/src \
$CONFIG_EXTRA_OPTS >> "${logfile}" 2>&1
The error still exits
Does any one have any work around for this.
abdul529

Postby ysapir » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:27 pm

Did you also install the other two required libraries - MPFR and MPC?

IIRC, the readme file for this package is pretty clear and you should follow the information there.
ysapir

Postby abdul529 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:58 am

Thank you Ysapir for information. I have gmp,mpfr and mpc installed in my system. I think it may
be a version problem. Anyways I will recheck once again.

I have also installed mpfr mpc. But there is some problem with the version info.
So I have used the contribute/download_prerequisite script present in gcc source directory
to download the required packages with proper version. After download the configure script
went well. Now there is some other problem during the build operation(Saying that mpfr.h is
not found) I have to recheck my installation of mpfr,gmp and mpc. After the check I will let
all know the results.
abdul529

Postby simoncook » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:35 pm

Here is one thing you can try if you are still having build issues. If you download the gmp, mpfr and mpc packages (I've used the versions ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/ to try this) and then extract them into either the gcc or src directories (so that x/gmp, x/mpfr and x/mpc where x is either gcc or src, it doesn't matter) exist then when you attempt to build the toolchain, these will be automatically built at the same time and should resolve all of those issues.
Useful SDK Links: - - -
simoncook

Postby abdul529 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:44 pm

Thank you simcook. I tried with what you have said. But actually my problem is a compatibility issue. I am working on 64-bit system. I do not have 32 bit libmpfr. Hence the build script is not successfully running. I have now installed 32-bit library for gmp,mpfr and mpc. The build is now clean. Successfully built the tool chain on fedora 16

Thanks all for the help
abdul529

Return to Programming Q & A