[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - List of necessary devices to boot up?

List of necessary devices to boot up?

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

List of necessary devices to boot up?

Postby penguin » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 am

I bought a Parallella-16 Desktop Computer lately.

My LCD monitor doesn't support HDMI interface.
I have one USB keyboard, one USB Wacom tablet which I use for mouse too.

Necessary devices that I need to boot up the Parallella is:
A Monitor that supports HDMI interface
HDMI to mini-HDMI adapter
USB to mini-USB adapter
USB hub that supports at least two USB devices
A mini-SD card which has enough disk space

Can someone clarify my estimation?
penguin

Re: List of necessary devices to boot up?

Postby 9600 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:13 am

That sounds about right. Personally, I wouldn't go with a Micro SD card of less than 16GB. And I'd go for a USB powered hub from a respected brand (cheap powered hubs don't always comply with the USB specifications and can damage boards).

Alternatively, you could just connect to it over the network via SSH or similar, and if you want to run graphical applications forward these over X11 to a remote Linux/Mac machine (or Windows with X server software).

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby ajtravis » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Minke Informatics Limited, Registered in Scotland - Company No. SC419028
ajtravis

Postby timpart » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:33 pm

timpart

Postby penguin » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:20 pm

penguin

Postby cliffsur » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:20 pm

I have a micro HDMI to DVI (24+1) cable plugged into a DVI socket on my monitor, but the monitor sees no signal.
I also have used the micro to standard HDMI lead supplied with Parallella to the HDMI input on a TV it all works fine.
The TV text clarity is not good, so I would prefer to use the monitor
Do I need a special driver for the DVI input monitor?
Many thanks
Cliff
cliffsur

Postby ajtravis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:26 am

Last edited by ajtravis on Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ajtravis

Postby 9600 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:48 am

Some monitors which don't work initially can be made to by . Of course, YMMV.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby ajtravis » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:42 pm

ajtravis

Postby ronny » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:01 am

ronny

Next

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories