[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Show your Parallella!!

Show your Parallella!!

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Re: Show your Parallella!!

Postby FoxT » Wed May 14, 2014 9:36 pm

Got mine yesterday after it travelled a bit through Germany, from customs to a relative who picked it up and finally into my hands :mrgreen:

Measuring temperature in the background; it runs between 60°C and 63°C (idle and normal use) which should be fine.
I use X Tunneling for the picture so I can use the headless Zynq config which made the temperature drop by ~2°.

First simple program is already running on it. Happy to see all the cores working fine :) .

Only little setback is my little fan which is really noisy :cry: . If anyone else has the small 25x25x6 Sunon fan feel free to post your experience with it. I'm interested to know if mine might have a defect.
FoxT

Postby nickoppen » Mon May 19, 2014 11:31 am

Here's my fully tricked out Parallella with 30x30x6mm fan and attached 7-port usb hub. (Sorry about the poor photo.)

The fan keeps the board between 50 and 60 degrees under idle loads. I'd like to crank it up to full load but I'm finding my lack of Linux knowledge a severe impediment.

IMG_20140519_200324_022.jpg
Appalling phone camera picture
IMG_20140519_200324_022.jpg (91.9 KiB) Viewed 65904 times
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby Len » Sat May 24, 2014 1:49 pm

parallea1.jpg
parallea1.jpg (65.05 KiB) Viewed 65826 times

Here is mine. I found a 5 volt blower on ebay, cut a USB cable and spliced it (red to red and black to black).

Had to enlarge the case side vent a bit.
Len

Postby MarkjBOINC » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:52 am

I put up a (few) blog posts about mine with some pics too. The main one showing my Parallella being set up can be found

Here is just one pic from the blog...
MarkjBOINC

Postby adexmont » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:12 am

another photo of the board (not yet able to boot it, need some more hardware :P)

i mount my board near my pc so i can retrieve the needed power from my desktop psu (board, fan and maybe even the peripherals)

added a copper plate over the epiphany to keep i colder (pice of copper from other hardware disassembled with thermal ribber found inside old cd reader , this may work) and assure that copper do not touch any component.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LJ5y ... 040077.JPG

i posted a link because the dimension limit on the forum.
adexmont

Postby Reiner » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:12 pm

parallella-case.jpeg
parallella-case.jpeg (69.54 KiB) Viewed 65687 times

Very compact!
Reiner

Postby 8l » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:11 am

Got mine! Thank You ALL!
8l

Postby Bikeman » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Hi!

So this is my Kickstarter backer reward Parallella (16 core), inside a folded-plastic case originally intended for Raspis, with a 5V fan attached in a slightly improvised way :oops: . But it works.

Cheers
HB

IMG_3601_small.JPG
IMG_3601_small.JPG (275.34 KiB) Viewed 65452 times
Bikeman

Postby TheKr1S » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:18 pm

Got it!

Created a hole in the top plane for the fan (pitty for the logo but ..). The fan is sucking the air out of the case. Used a 12v 0.11A fan. Connected to the 5V power supply, it's rotating not that fast and therefore quite silent. Airflow is more that enough to keep it cool.

Now creating sd card. Excited to start playing with it.

RMW
Attachments
parallella.jpg
parallella.jpg (181.5 KiB) Viewed 65445 times
TheKr1S

Postby miro » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:00 am

I made my Burn-In test with my 3cm Fan in case, runing it now for over 7 days. Yesterday I started 10.000 loops over matmul-16 example, and everything stays very cool 8-)
Attachments
Parallella_matmul_burnin.PNG
Parallella_matmul_burnin.PNG (82.14 KiB) Viewed 65385 times
miro

PreviousNext

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A