[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Verified Peripherals (Tested Hardware Accessories)

Verified Peripherals (Tested Hardware Accessories)

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Verified Peripherals (Tested Hardware Accessories)

Postby gceline » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Last edited by 9600 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated the title to reflect the name of the page on the eLinux wiki.
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Re: Tested Hardware Accessories

Postby 9600 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:51 pm

I've added a page on the eLinux wiki for . It would be great if as well as posting here people could add notes there, and perhaps also adding sub-sections for peripherals that have been confirmed to not work.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Re: Tested Hardware Accessories

Postby Claggy » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:55 pm

You might also want to add a sub-section for HDMI and Ethernet too, I've bought a Duronic HDMI switcher (and cables) along with a Netgear 1000 Mbps Switch (and cables) in preparation so far,
only another ~3,300 backers in front of me, sigh.

Claggy
Claggy

Re: Verified Peripherals (Tested Hardware Accessories)

Postby 9600 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:48 am

Done!

I've also added a few notes to the wiki page, and set this thread as sticky so it's easier to find. If we could announce/discuss here and keep the wiki updated with a canonical list.
Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:15 pm

It seems that almost all the USB peripheral drivers are disabled by default.
We have to rebuild the kernel to enable various drivers.
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby digitalbear » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:54 pm

I've tested a USB keyboard, Gear Head KB3700TP.

This is a keyboard and touchpad combination.

Works fine.

--Dale
digitalbear

Postby 9600 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:47 pm

Thanks for updating the wiki, Dale!

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 pm

I will probably mainly be accessing the Parallella via ethernet, and a window on my laptop,
but to bring it up and do initial configuration I am using two directly USB connected devices :

Keyboard : Genius KB-06XE : Desktop Keyboard with Palm Rest, from Maplin
Mouse : Maplin Wired BlueTrace Mouse
These are connected via a (very old) passive USB 4 way hub, and work fine.

I first tried the following wireless setup, and it did not seem to work, but works fine when I try it now :

Cerulian Technology : J69JX Mini Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Deskset, from Maplin.

This uses a common wireless dongle, and being so neat is great for travelling with these small credit card boards, for demonstrations at meetings.
I will put these on the wiki.
Dr.BeauWebber

Postby Reiner » Fri May 23, 2014 9:19 pm

My Parallella is running well. Did not expect that. I am Using Logitech K120 Keyboard and Logitech Mini Mouse M-UAE55 together with an unpowered Hama Easy Line Card Reader with USB Hub. SD cards do not seem to be recognized by the card reader but the usb-hub functionality works. I need to plug off the hub while booting. I use the power supply from the Parallella Accessory Kit together with an adapter for german plug socket.

Today i tested another usb-hub (inmac USB 2.0 HUB 4 port) and i just have bought a used monitor (Hanns G HG216D) that works fine with the parallella board connected over the hdmi cable provided with the accessory kit. Before that i connected the parallella to my television (Funai T800M) which was horrible because the tv only accepted full-hd-resolution even so it is just an hd-ready-tv with an resolution 1366x766. So i just could see the center part of the desktop. Pretty annoying. When i changed the resolution (i tested nearly all!) in the preferences the tv always went black and gave the warning that the display format isn't supported. That meant a lot of rebooting. A bigger reset button on the parallella board would be nice ;) !
Reiner

Postby toddb » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:49 pm

Tested/Used the following:

MicroSDHC:
--GSkill 16GB Class 10
--SanDisk Ultra 32GB Class 10

Mouse:
Logitech M305
Logitech M310
Logitech M325
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000

Keyboard:
Logitech K360

USB Hubs:
--Belkin 7-Port Powered Hub F5U700
--Ice Labs 3-port Hub+Card-Reader (exact model # unknown, however I bought at locally at Microcenter URL of the product info: http://www.microcenter.com/product/4146 ... ard_Reader) --Note: for some odd reason the Parallella build of Ubuntu can't read/mount cards, on x86/x64 Linux(Ubuntu/Lubuntu/Xubuntu)/Windows/Mac there isn't any problems. USB hub part still works so not all is lost :|
toddb

Next

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories