[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Identifying the Board to BOINC

Identifying the Board to BOINC

Identifying the Board to BOINC

Postby Janos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:42 am

Janos of The Scottish BOINC Team
Janos

Re: Identifying the Board to BOINC

Postby Claggy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:11 am

Can you post the Boinc startup from the Event log please, the first 30 lines should do.

Claggy
Claggy

Postby Janos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:39 am

Janos

Postby Claggy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:23 pm

I assume that was from the Repository, I was hoping Boinc 7.2.42 would be in it, looking at the packages Saucy Salamander gets 7.2.7+dfsg-1,
while Trusty Tahr gets 7.2.42+dfsg-1, I was going to suggest a PPA you could add, but armhf failed to build on it, i'll email LocutusOfBorg later.

I'm thinking that we need (for now) a parallella primary platform, with arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf (or armv7-unknown-linux-gnueabihf) as alternate,
i'll email the devs later and suggest it.

Claggy
Claggy

Postby 9600 » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Andrew Back

Postby Janos » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:45 pm

Janos

Postby MarkjBOINC » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:05 am

I have Trusty installed and BOINC 7.2.42. I tried defining the epiphany as coprocessor via cc_config which didn't seem to work. I emailed the alpha mailing list and DA has said he has checked in a fix. He didn't say what so I presume it's in the core client. Unfortunately it might take a while to get it through the repo unless somebody wants to compile their own client on the Parallella.

While it may pass through to project servers we'll still need project apps to add Epiphany support but it's a first step.
MarkjBOINC

Postby MarkjBOINC » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:50 am

There is a 7.4.13 BOINC client available from LocutusofBorg's ppa. It now has the ability if you define your own coprocessor to request work for it, so I discovered by accident. I managed to ask Einstein@home for work for an Epiphany16, of course there wasn't any. So it looks like it's telling the project it has a coprocessor now.

The backend plumbing needs to be put in place for it to work and of course we'll need some apps that can use the Epiphany.

As Claggy mentioned they have also been working on OpenCL detection for devices so if Linux can find the OpenCL.so then BOINC should also be able to report that. You'll have to install the OpenCL stuff from Brown Deer to get it though.

MarkJ
MarkjBOINC

Return to Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)