[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - FPGA Source / Project Repository

FPGA Source / Project Repository

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

FPGA Source / Project Repository

Postby FHuettig » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:19 am

Greetings,

Today I pushed up a significant reorganization of the parallella-hw repository:
https://github.com/parallella/parallella-hw

This includes:
- The board schematic & pcb design files, pdfs, and Gerbers, including archives of the older boards
- The Verilog and EDK source code for the non-HDMI (a/k/a "Headless") fpga build
- PlanAhead / ISE projects for the Parallella-I board with E16 and 7020 and 7010
- Project for the E64 and 7020

See the README file at the top level for more information, plus the READMEs in the project directories.

Please note that only the E16+7020 version has been tested, though the 7010 version is essentially identical.
We are about to test the E64 version, which differs "only" in the polarity of all the IOs.

Next step is to add the HDMI-enabled versions, and I have a lot of plans beyond that.

-Fred
-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Re: FPGA Source / Project Repository

Postby shodruk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:00 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby FHuettig » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Yes it is, we'll provide people the ability to build the bitstream that is part of the standard ROOT release. The HDMI module comes from a public Analog Devices repository:
https://github.com/analogdevicesinc/fpgahdl_xilinx
I won't copy that repository directly, rather I'll refer to it as a submodule, I think.

"Plans beyond that" includes general clean-up and reorganization of the code base and moving it to Vivado, but everything in the parallella-hw repo will be open-source.

- Fred
FHuettig

Postby shodruk » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby FHuettig » Fri May 23, 2014 7:33 pm

FHuettig

Postby FHuettig » Fri May 23, 2014 11:41 pm

And for any who may be interested, here is a comparison of the resource usage for the various versions:

FHuettig

Postby shodruk » Sat May 24, 2014 7:25 am

Thank you Fred,
I've tried parallella_e16_hdmi_gpiose_7020.bit.bin, it seems to work fine on my Parallella. :D
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby FHuettig » Mon May 26, 2014 5:25 am

OK, I see I've caused some pain because changing between headless/hdmi versions requires a corresponding change to the devicetree, but we haven't published a suitable headless devicetree. My apologies to those who tried to use the headless configurations and had their system stall waiting for "vgaarb," after "bio: create slab <bio-0> at 0" if you are lucky enough to have serial port access. Or just sit there helplessly if you don't have serial access.

Attached are the devicetrees I use currently for both headless and hdmi versions. The sources are included too. To use them, select the one you want (the binary "dtb"), rename it "devicetree.dtb," and put it in the BOOT partition on the SDCARD. Reboot and there you go!

I expect there is no problem using the headless devicetree with the hdmi-enabled FPGA configuration, though obviously the HDMI will not come up, but I have not tried it.

-Fred
Attachments
devicetrees.zip
(9.49 KiB) Downloaded 2463 times
FHuettig

Postby shodruk » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:52 pm

Are there any plans to support HDMI audio with your new bitstream?
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby FHuettig » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:02 pm

FHuettig

Next

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A