[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Postby 9600 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:17 am

There has been some discussion about whether the Zynq's 2nd I2C and Ethernet controllers should be routed to GPIO pins, and presumably this could also be done for the 2nd UART or SDIO, or CAN bus or SPI.

Wondering if some of these interfaces should be routed to GPIO in the default image, on the assumption that this would be useful to many, and those who wish to implement some custom interface will be building their own image anyway. If so, what would be the ideal combination given the available pins?

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Re: Routing additional Zynq hard block I/O to PEC_FPGA

Postby parapara » Sun May 04, 2014 12:43 pm

parapara

Postby FHuettig » Mon May 05, 2014 6:27 pm

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby 9600 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:38 pm

Andrew Back

Postby FHuettig » Mon May 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Last edited by FHuettig on Tue May 06, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
FHuettig

Postby timpart » Mon May 05, 2014 10:45 pm

A while back I commented that the UART has . I think I've since read somewhere in the Zynq`manual that GPIO lines can be used to provide RTS, CTS etc. So perhaps that could be an option too. Andrew @9600 had some cunning ideas for using a serial link I recall. (see the thread referenced above).

The control lines would be raw signals without a buffer chip like Tx and Rx have on the board, so some care might be needed.

I like the sound of Fred's I2C idea.

Tim
timpart

Postby rec » Mon May 05, 2014 11:53 pm

In systems which consist of a single parallella board the PEC_NORTH and PEC_SOUTH signals could be looped back to each other inside the FPGA to form a ring with a single Epiphany chip in it. Or the elink lines could be just terminated with no connection inside the FPGA. Then the IOs on the PEC_NORTH and PEC_SOUTH connectors could be rerouted for other purposes.

-- rec --
rec

Postby FHuettig » Tue May 06, 2014 3:35 am

FHuettig

Postby 9600 » Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 am

Andrew Back

Postby parapara » Wed May 07, 2014 7:26 pm

parapara