Inter-process communication on the Parallella.

Moderator: Dr.BeauWebber

Re: Inter-process communication on the Parallella.

Postby shr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 pm

Any progress on this? I should be getting my board soon and I haven't settled on a project for it yet. Are you still looking for help?

# Steve
“At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation” — Igor Sikorsky
shr

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Sun May 18, 2014 9:41 pm

shr wrote:Any progress on this? I should be getting my board soon and I haven't settled on a project for it yet. Are you still looking for help?

# Steve

Yes indeed Steve, sorry, only just seen your post.
My boards have recently come, and I have fired them up and am doing simple things to start with.
Then I will be trying some of the simple Aplc test that I have done before, and timing them.
Help appreciated with this, as a starter, the example code should be in a ready state to run.

THEN I will be seriously in need of help for building pipe-like communication harnesses between the processors.
All help greatfully received ! A couple of people have been considering the problem, but I do not know how far any have got.
cheers, Beau
Dr.BeauWebber

Postby timpart » Fri May 23, 2014 12:28 pm

Dr.BeauWebber wrote:THEN I will be seriously in need of help for building pipe-like communication harnesses between the processors.
All help greatfully received ! A couple of people have been considering the problem, but I do not know how far any have got.
cheers, Beau

I think it will be easier if some "getting started" parts of the process use blocking calls, and hold up things until the other side has responded. More of an impact for messages than pipes though.

Does your APLC code push things into the pipe a character at a time, or does it push strings of characters? The latter would be more efficient I'd hope for transmission to a remote core.

Tim
timpart

Postby Dr.BeauWebber » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:28 am

Does your APLC code push things into the pipe a character at a time, or does it push strings of characters?

Sorry for the slow reply, been working on other things ...
Aplc pushes strings at a time into the pipes ....
Dr.BeauWebber

Previous

Return to APL