[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Any updates on Rev1 board?

Any updates on Rev1 board?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Any updates on Rev1 board?

Postby Clark » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:39 pm

The last update on the Rev1 board was on September 7:
Powered up the gen1 Friday morning and things look good so far!

The last update on Kickstarter was August 23.

Is there anything new to report?
Clark

Re: Any updates on Rev1 board?

Postby LamsonNguyen » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:21 am

Here is a big pile of Epiphany chips: http://ow.ly/i/3b94b
There nothing new to report, since the boards are being made with the same plan of shipping sometime between September 30th to October 31st.
LamsonNguyen

Postby Clark » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:00 pm

There was information that you were planning to receive new Epiphany chips at the end of August after a delay due to packaging issues. Does this mean that the new Epiphany chips that you received are working? This would be news.

My assumption on seeing these chips in a pile in a conference room is that you have a huge pile of non-working chips. You were having a meeting to determine where to go from here. (My manufacturing team would be yelling at me about moisture/humidity and ESD if I sat these chips on a pile in the middle of a conference room)
Clark

Postby LamsonNguyen » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:32 am

I think it would be safe to assume that the chips are working.
LamsonNguyen

Postby timpart » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:09 pm

As I read this thread, I'm wondering if there is some confusion going on.

I think Lamson is simply helpfully drawing attention to some publicly available information. Clark though might be thinking Lamson works for Adapteva, which as far as I know he doesn't. Apologies if I've made a mistake.

Tim
timpart

Postby aolofsson » Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Sorry for the lack of communication!! We have been in a pretty delicate position (nothing related to the board or the chips). Hopefully some day I can tell everyone the whole horrific story...

We are going to be fine and we are going to deliver, but time is our greatest enemy!!

Here is the current Parallella status:
-Epiphany-III chips working great, close to 80% yield. Also running much cooler than before, cool to the touch.
-Gen1 boards booting into Ubuntu
-Gen1 has significantly lower power than gen0. Currently 5.5W when running Ubuntu with the default high PMIC output voltages. We should be able to reduce this to below 5W by tuning the PMIC voltages.

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby Clark » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks for the update! This is great news!
Clark

Postby LamsonNguyen » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:03 am

Yea, I definitely don't work for Adapteva since I stick my foot in my mouth way too often! :lol:
Besides, there are some to get in, anyways. 8-)
LamsonNguyen

Postby svartalf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:08 pm

svartalf

Postby timpart » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:01 pm

@svartalf. Andreas previously gave a why new orders will have to wait until November.
timpart

Next

Return to General Discussion