[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Developing an FPGA sandbox

Developing an FPGA sandbox

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Re: Developing an FPGA sandbox

Postby cmcconnell » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 am

Colin.
cmcconnell

Postby aolofsson » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:35 am

Colin,

There is VERY little risk in actually damaging the board using the Vivado FPGA tools. I am sure Fred can give a pointer to an "empty" Vivado projects with just pin constraints to get it going.

The project containing a true heterogeneous platform is with everything working perfectly together in Vivado is still in progress.

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby Len » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:45 pm

I am eager to start working with the FPGA and was hoping to work with Vivado. Can you give any status as to how the port is coming?
Len

Postby FHuettig » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi Len,

I'm very actively working on this and should have the first release out any day now.

-Fred
-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Postby fuzz » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:40 pm

fuzz

Postby mikebell » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:38 pm

I just downloaded Vivado before reading that the Parallella project still uses ISE - did that sample "empty" Vivado project ever get created?

It would be nice to have a starting point to work from and try a few things out even if I can't use the Epiphany with custom designs quite yet.
mikebell

Postby peteasa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:51 pm

I did a quick search of "Vivado simulator" in the forum and this is the only thread that looked appropriate to point to my elink2 fpga simulator tutorial and script (https://github.com/peteasa/parallella/w ... Simulation) that I have just created that uses my parallella development project. My parallella development project provides a good starting point for FPGA / software development for the parallella board. At present I am only using the elink2 fpga, but plan to move to use the oh fpga projects in the future.

The most important thing for any fpga sandbox would be to ensure that the i2c interface is operational as this is used in the boot loader to configure the regulators. An alternative of course would be to develop your own boot loader.. but then thats another thing to go wrong and so the FPGA sandbox should I think not require an updated boot loader.

I will be interested to see over time how easy it is to track different versions of Vivado simulator!
peteasa

Previous

Return to FPGA Design