[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Postby svartalf » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:41 pm

IF I finally get mine...

Probably some OpenCL work, combined with some SDR work.
svartalf

Postby ChrisRus » Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:45 pm

I'm interested in trying to get GraphLab running on the Parallella board. -C
ChrisRus

Postby theover » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:22 pm

I made a little video about my digitally controlled analog mixer and DSP synthesizer simulation prototypes:

Apart from the analog parts, the right connectors and programmability should let me replace all that hardware by ... a small little board with Zinq+Linux and hopefully very fast DSP! (I don't mind connecting a heatsink, maybe there should be provision for that, just like a connector breakout board)

T.V.
theover

Postby 9600 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Argh, all those wires! :D But a very cool project, thanks for sharing and very much looking forward to seeing the Parallella powered next generation of it.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby theover » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:05 pm

I used ffmpeg to concat-recompress my video, which had been split in the camera of the brand Sony, and used that filename for the 720p transcoding which I uploaded to youtube, so that's where the name of the vid comes from, it means not too much.

Thanks for calling my projects cool, the reason for the wires is that the enclosures were prepared to house a big amount of analog channels, at least dozens, and I wanted to be able to drive each volume control chip with it's own control wire, so they all can be updated during the same zero crossing (of the analog signals), without the few MHz control signals having to be daisy chained, in the FPGA there's a small circuit I made which drives the SDI (or what are they called again ?) bus signals, and which could also be programmed to do it's own cross-face computations, and fitting one of such circuits for each channel in the Spartan shown isn't a space problem, and allows the whole (future... (this project started years ago!)) mixer to update it's sliders very quick and synchonously!

I'm univ. EE, so of course a lot of wires don't frighten me..

T.V.
theover

Postby shodruk » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:14 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby Dandy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:28 pm

I can't wait to get a cluster to see how Einstein@home and Milky Way run on it! :D
Dandy

Postby mgrznar » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 am

I'll probably try to use mine with augmented reality glasses that I preordered from another site (atheerlabs.com). I'd like to plug a parallella into the AR glasses and capture video from the stereoscopic cameras on the glasses so that I can convert real objects into 3d models by looking around the object with the glasses and processing the video/images on the parallella using object detection. Then I could import those 3d models back into the glasses for my AR projects :D
mgrznar

Postby shodruk » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:31 am

Shodruky
shodruk

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion