[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

Re: So what will you be doing with your Parallella?

Postby jim.uazu » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:43 pm

I have an interest in experimental parallel programming languages. I have some ideas I'd like to try -- time permitting. I'm also interested in seeing what everyone else comes up with. Really getting parallel DSP going should be relatively straightforward -- so SDR, music synthesis, stuff like that should be the first things to appear. Porting languages will take longer and they will either fit well or badly to the Parallella architecture -- with efficiency to match. A big question is what is the future? Something like Parallella, or something with the cores less tightly bound together? Whatever the future architecture is, that's what the future languages will have to work efficiently on.
jim.uazu

Postby AdamC » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:14 pm

AdamC

Postby XYMANDIAS » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 am

Thank you everyone for the educational resources!
I have a lot to absorb and filter through, and I am ludicrously appreciative. Please keep them coming.
XYMANDIAS

Postby fedor.rusak » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:09 pm

I want to make self-learning software. I hope that core independence will help me to make it at the lowest technical level like raw memory.

Maybe someday more intelligent software will aid me at my developer's work or even automate task of boring maintanence.
fedor.rusak

Postby breathe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:57 pm

I'd like to use it in aircrack-ng and wonder how fast the 64cores version is (any thoughts?).
breathe

Postby TwiggerTwo » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:16 pm

create a voxel world and see to what size i can expand it.
TwiggerTwo

Postby grahamh » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Applying multi-core architectures to SDR (Software Defined Radio).
--- Graham

==
grahamh

Postby madtom1999 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:27 pm

I'm going to see if it can be of use in running simulations in Elmer (http://www.csc.fi/english/pages/elmer)
so I can simulate everything faster!
I will also be looking at ngspice

I was wondering if I can get access to the Eclipse code (I'm in on the 64core kickstarter) so when the boards arrive I'm ready to roll?
Last edited by madtom1999 on Fri May 10, 2013 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
madtom1999

Postby DEPC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:01 am

I want to see what I can do with I2S bus's create my own single bored audio studio, among other things.
DEPC

Postby jvangeld » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:32 pm

I would like to use the OpenCL-based program to create panoramas from a camera in real time. I would have AutoPano watch a given directory for new pictures from the camera, add those pictures to it's project, and then process the picture for control points. If I can get that to work, I want to put the whole thing on a small drone like the

I may also try it as a multi-media PC or a wearable computer.
jvangeld

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion