[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - A101020 (or all 1.1) board level documentation for vivado

A101020 (or all 1.1) board level documentation for vivado

Forum for anything not suitable for the other forums.

A101020 (or all 1.1) board level documentation for vivado

Postby tweakoz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 am

Hi list, I just received my A101020 board this weekend, I have it up and running the HDMI image.
The board is very cool, but I have a few issues.

The HDMI flickers. I tried setting it to 720p - then it suffers from some nasty red and green noise.
I have read that the Analog Devices HDMI IP takes up a lot of space, and I am interested in exploring completely custom display engines, perhaps starting very minimal out with something like the following and building it up (to a modern take of retro video hardware).
http://www.fpga4fun.com/HDMI.html
(In retrospect - I see now that I am pretty much stuck with the AD HDMI Encoder - so for the minimal case I will just generate a minimal logic simple test pattern - using the encoder)

Now the tricky part!
The lack of board specific documentation is leaving me a little confused.

Can we get some more detailed info on the A101020 boards (and I guess other 1.1 boards)
I am trying to get a fairly minimal system up with Vivado.
(Just Ethernet and a UART with the minimal programmable logic required to boot Linux would be fine) .
I am guessing no actual programmable logic is strictly necessary, though I am not 100% sure.

It is hard to verify exact the exact IO information required to feed vivado 2014.2's Zynq7 Block customizer without feeling
like I am going to fry something.

I have looked at the following links and ported what I could.
http://www.adapteva.com/white-papers/pa ... ce-design/
http://www.zedboard.org/zh-hant/node/1454
https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... x0_loc.ucf

Is there an itemised summary of what is different between a zedboard and a 1.1 board?
Perhaps the community could help to enumerate that information here in this thread!

Again, I'm not looking for a completed guide - just basic configuration data.
(Like the following fields in the Vivado block customizer)
Zynq Block Design
PS-PL Configuration
Peripheral I/O pins
MIO Configuration
Clock Configuration
DDR Configuration (does a a101020 board really have a mt41k256m32? I cant tell by reading the top of the chip!)
SMC Timing
Interrupts

If anyone has a half done vivado project I'd even be interested in looking at that...

PS - I prefer Vivado because ISE is not stable enough on my Ubuntu 14.04 VM (PlanAhead always crashes),
and the UI seems nicer.

Thanks,

mtm
tweakoz

Re: A101020 (or all 1.1) board level documentation for vivad

Postby 9600 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:56 am

Andrew Back

Re: A101020 (or all 1.1) board level documentation for vivad

Postby tweakoz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:31 pm

I realize only ISE is supported. Like I said ISE does not run so well on my machine.
I have read the posts you are referring to. ;>
Rather than wait until vivado is officially supported, I'd rather see what relevant info we can get and let the community sort it out.
The timestamps on the posts you mention above suggest it is going to be a while before adapteva is going to have a chance to
get to it.

mtm
tweakoz

Return to General Discussion