[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - FPGA 101?

FPGA 101?

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Re: FPGA 101?

Postby hamster » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:12 am

Thanks guys... if you have any suggestions / questions / improvements I'm only an email away. I've also got worked code for all the projects tucked away if you get stuck and need hints.

Oh, a shiny new Nexys 3. Drooollll... how long is it now till fathers day :-)?
hamster

Postby hewsmike » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:49 pm

hewsmike

Postby hewsmike » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:54 am

OK, done the first module - switches_LEDs - with a minor tweak of writing the constraints file for the Nexys3. You just look up the Nexys3 manual from Diligent to find the correspondence b/w the signal assignments and the codes for the components on the PCB. Or look real close at the board itself nearby a given component. Yeah! :-)

Cheers, Mike.
hewsmike

Postby naeger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:57 pm

I am now at chapter 23 Binary Multiplication already. Very good read, thanks a lot Hamster! :)

What would you suggest as a next step of reading to get to the point to play around with the Zynq FPGA? Could you do a few "advanced" chapters in your tutorial covering the Zynq/Parallella? Maybe do a kickstarter .. i would gladly support you ;)

I am mainly interested in hooking up a gopro (either with its HDMI or its Composite Video live output .. which one would you suggest to be easier?) and do some video preprocessing/vision algorithms in FPGA and Epiphany. Anyone who can suggest a few books/tutorials to read?

Thanks! Chris
naeger

Postby techprolet » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Chris,
did you get anywhere with reading HDMI input from your gopro?
I bet it would interest a lot of people (me included!)

Cheers,
pavlos
techprolet

Postby yanidubin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:45 am

Just came across this thread - I see people have asked how to communicate with the FPGA on the Zynq specifically.

I have covered this in a tutorial .

This is not FPGA 101 (Hamster's course is the place to go for that) - but if you want to be able to interface what you've learned with the Arm processor (read/write registers in peripherals you've written, say, it will bridge that gap.

Admittedly it is not even a Zynq 101 (I rushed it up as several people were waiting on this step to get their own projects along, and I may choose not to make it more instructional since there are already good tutorials out there by more informed folks - just not specific to the Parallella).

naeger: I think this may be the next step you are asking about. And from there, you can likely dive into the many excellent (non-Parallella specific) tutorials on the Zynq (generally for the Zedboard).
yanidubin

Previous

Return to FPGA Design