[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Parallella as a peripheral card

Parallella as a peripheral card

Using Zynq Programmable Logic and Xilinx tools to create custom board configurations

Parallella as a peripheral card

Postby Orfevre » Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:03 pm

Hello world,

Fisrt of all I tried to find solution by myself, but it seems that my basic knowledge in FPGAs isn't enough.

I have as project to use the parallella as a peripheral card, allowing me to use ethernet, SD and USB through PEC_FPGA (my 'master' board communicating through this element)

As I understand after reading some doc., it seems to me that the easier way to do this is to implement HW logic to convert PEC IO into AMBA/AXI structure. For this I should modify the .bit.bin file from my boot-SD card.

So my questions are:
Where can I find the basic code to generate my bitstream? (I create it from parallella-hw-master and planAhead? And so where are the last version of the file?)
If I have an 'independant coded' PEC converter bloc, does it affect the elink? (I wonder, because I would like to keep the Epiphany for further use)

Thank you for your attention and your answers!
Orfevre
Last edited by Orfevre on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orfevre

Re: Parallella as a peripheral card

Postby josemonsalve2 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi Orfevre,

I am also new, but we are also trying to add a design alongside with the board. I cannot answer yet the second question, but for now I think we were able to generate the original bitstream in vivado.

We used this link

and it was pretty much straightforward.

The only problem we had was with the dummy.elf. the link they provided is broken. However it can be found in the git repository for the parallela.

Here are the possible places where you can find it. I don't know if there is any difference between them

./fpga/old/projects/parallella_7010_hdmi/dummy.elf
./fpga/old/projects/parallella_64_7020_headless/dummy.elf
./fpga/old/projects/parallella_64_7020_hdmi/dummy.elf
./fpga/old/projects/parallella_7020_hdmi/dummy.elf
./fpga/old/projects/parallella_7020_headless/dummy.elf
./fpga/old/projects/parallella_7010_headless/dummy.elf

If this isn't enough I can try to make a video going through the steps, but as I said, I am pretty much in the same page that you're right now and I am not completely sure I am doing it right.

At least it is good to know there is someone else going through the same pain :lol:
josemonsalve2

Re: Parallella as a peripheral card

Postby Orfevre » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:11 pm

Thank you very much for your answer, I will try to generate the bitstream using your method.
I will let you know if I find a solution for keeping the main bitstream ;)
Orfevre

Return to FPGA Design