[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Troubleshooting the Parallella at Startup

Troubleshooting the Parallella at Startup

Hardware related problems and workarounds

Re: Troubleshooting the Parallella at Startup

Postby heymanj » Fri May 09, 2014 1:06 am

heymanj

Postby shodruk » Fri May 09, 2014 5:13 am

Try these commands and post the output.

ls /sys/class/drm/

cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/modes
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby heymanj » Fri May 09, 2014 10:39 am

heymanj

Postby shodruk » Fri May 09, 2014 12:21 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby heymanj » Sat May 10, 2014 12:22 am

heymanj

Postby heymanj » Sat May 10, 2014 12:25 am

heymanj

Postby MarkjBOINC » Fri May 16, 2014 2:18 pm

I've recently received my 2 boards and can't get them to boot.

Power supply is a Belkin rated for 2.1A so should be suitable. I have also tried reimaging the microSD card (I tried 3, all SanDisk). When I try and power it up I get a single green LED on and then it blinks about once a second. I don't get the network LED's and router doesn't show any new devices on the network. Both boards seems to do the same.

I have tried plugging in an HDMI and get no signal on it, so I don't think its got far enough in the boot process to display anything. I don't have a serial cable so haven't tried it.
MarkjBOINC

Postby MarkjBOINC » Mon May 19, 2014 12:25 pm

I tried a genuine Apple10w power supply and that wouldn't do it either. I bought a rather expensive 5v power supply rated to 3A this time. That fixed the blinking LED issue.

Couldn't boot off the 1st of the micro-SD cards. I got a couple of penguins on the top of the screen and it stopped at that point (on a screen plugged into HDMI). A 2nd micro-SD has booted up, although all 3 had the same image written.

I have put a 60mm fan on the top of the case. It runs off a standard USB power pack so that should keep it nice and cool.
MarkjBOINC

Postby cepope13 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

I can't get hdmi either. The unit boots fine and I can ssh to edit the devicetree per the instructions. However I get:

linaro-nano:/mnt> sudo dtc -I dts devicetree.dts -O dtb -o devicetreeb.dtb
Error: devicetree.dts:1.2-3 syntax error
FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

I tried reverse compiling the existing dtb and I didn't see anything related to bootargs?

What should the exact contents of devicetree.dts be?

Thanks
cepope13

Postby 9600 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:12 am

The device tree source can be found on GitHub:

https://github.com/parallella/parallell ... llella.dts

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

PreviousNext

Return to Troubleshooting