Next planned update to parallella-linux?

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Next planned update to parallella-linux?

Postby peteasa » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:32 pm

Seems like this is the best place to ask this question.. I have been looking at getting the hdmi working with the updated elink (viewtopic.php?f=50&t=2599). Seems like I need to get the latest Analog Devices and Xilinx drivers, perhaps from the 2014 R2 branch of linux-analogdevicesinc. It would seem that these are the best place to start with the analogdevicesinc_hdl hdl code that I have built with some success using Vivado 2014.3.1.

My question is simple - when is the next planned update by the parallella team for parallella-linux.. if this is imminent the I could wait for that and save myself a lot of work!

I see that Xilinx yocto have moved to follow the yocto project linux at git://git.yoctoproject.org/linux-yocto-3.19.git and linux-xlnx is being used effectively as a development environment to create patches for that yocto version.
Also Analog Devices hdl_2015_r1 release / linux 2015_R1 branch is also linux 3.19
I see that there is a parallella-adi-2014_R2 branch that was last touched 11/5/2015... is this the best place to start?

My best guess at the moment is to use linux 3.19 with Xilinx Vivado 2015.2 and hdl_2015_r1 libraries and patch in the Epiphany code.

Thoughts? Is this going to be a long expensive job?
peteasa

Re: Next planned update to parallella-linux?

Postby peteasa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Just a quick update.. I have now moved to use analog devices inc kernel version 3.19 (branch 2015_R1) and the eiphany hello world application appears to work on the parallella ok.

Documented at branch elink-redesign in https://github.com/peteasa/parallella-yoctobuild.git
peteasa

Return to Linux/U-Boot