[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - which image to choose?

which image to choose?

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

which image to choose?

Postby sebraa » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:00 am

Hi,

so far, I have been using the older ubuntu-14.02 image, and it worked well. But now I want to update to the newer SDK (with the kernel device driver), and now I'm getting confused about which files to use.

I have a Parallella-16 with a Zynq 7010, and I don't care whether it does HDMI or not. I do have a working screen, but do everything using SSH.

So I started looking at the FTP server, ignoring old/beta stuff. This image contains a BOOT partition for e16/7010/headless. It boots, but starting any test immediately hangs the Parallella. This image contains an empty BOOT partition, so I need to use a kernel/devicetree/bitstream. Both images seem to use the new SDK. This boot-content does not boot. But even if it did, the date code seems to be too old to support the new SDK.

So I went to the page. It refers to the second rootfs (which is okay), and to or . These boot fine, but they do not contain the kernel driver, so all examples fail, no matter which of the bitstreams from that page I choose.

Which combination of rootfs-kernel-bitstream-devicetree am I supposed to use?

Different question: Is there any difference in API between the new (Ubuntu 14.04) and the old (Ubuntu 14.02) SDK, or can I continue using my build/run system if I use the new SDK?

Best Regards,
sebraa
sebraa

Return to Linux/U-Boot