[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Headless Development Strategy

Headless Development Strategy

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Headless Development Strategy

Postby sting » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:21 pm

I am trying to sort out a strategy I can use ti implement a project on the Parallella and am looking for a recommendation. I have only the most basic stuff working so I am probably talking about this too soon but I have to get started somehow.

My application will require a very simple use of the epiphany hardware. I am building a feed forward resilient propagation neural network. I will do the training of the network somewhere else, the epiphany will only have to perform the prediction for a new sample, its just lots of floating point multiplication.

The application needs to be headless, I need to be able to at least remote deploy the end application. I have been working to try to get the opencl toolchain to work under eclipse, but I do not know enough about eclipse to build a custom toolchain. If anyone has figured this out I would be very appreciative.

The alternative that I have come up with is to have two environments. One headed environment that I use to build and debug the application using Code::Blocks or the JIT complier and rse on eclipse. The other is headless that uses the compiled and linked version of the executable built with the other environment.

Is there another alternative that I haven't thought of?
sting

Re: Headless Development Strategy

Postby over9000 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:47 pm

over9000

Return to Linux/U-Boot