[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - tuning the parallellla

tuning the parallellla

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

tuning the parallellla

Postby Lou_Reed » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:17 pm

Now that I am up and running on my Parallella, I am wanting to tune linaro Ubuntu for my Parallella processor. Will this page work?

http://elinux.org/Parallella_Speed_Up_Ubuntu

It says that to use this procedure you need a certain processor, the 7020 and a certain Ubuntu image file. I fail on both counts. I have a 7010 processor and I have a latter image. Is it sill okay to use these procedures.

Respectfully,

Lou_Reed
Lou_Reed

Re: tuning the parallellla

Postby 9600 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:05 am

This guide was also for an older release and I think that some of these changes have been incorporated. So, I would advise against attempting to implement all those changes verbatim.

Instead, I would consider implementing individual changes based on need. For example, if the default framebuffer resolution is not optimal for your needs, try changing this. However, I would first make a backup image of your working SD card, which you can then later restore in the event of issues. The procedure for doing this will be the same regardless of the card's contents, e.g. a guide for Raspberry Pi or BeagleBone etc. should work, provided it does simply image the card as a whole (under Linux this would typically be using dd).

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby Lou_Reed » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:47 pm

I would follow your advice and implement just what I need as you said. But please remember that it also says (in addition to just using this on the 7020 cpu and the specified image) to not implement them piecemeal. Done them all or none at all. What about this?

I can do that but it specifically warns against it.

Respectfully,

James M. Yunker
Lou_Reed

Postby 9600 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Implementing some of them will be fine, but you would need to work out which are applicable. If you're not sure, I'd advise against it now, but look to the guide for clues if there is a specific issue you wish to address in future.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:53 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby 9600 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:01 am

Thanks for the clarification, Shodruky. I knew that some had, but wasn't certain which/how many.

If that page is being retired it might be useful to have another which notes how to do things such as configure a different framebuffer resolution.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby shodruk » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:40 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Return to Linux/U-Boot