x11vnc not working

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

x11vnc not working

Postby pol » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:39 am

x11vnc installed, started, but crashing at each trial of connexion...why ? Has someone already use it on the "ubuntu 14.04 for parallella" ? :?:
pol

Re: x11vnc not working

Postby pol » Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:31 am

I am avery disappointed with the parallella hardware/software provided....I burnt 2 different sd-card with the same image from http://www.parallella.org/create-sdcard/ and with each of them I got troubles...firefox always crashes after a few seconds or minutes - preferences/network connection link is not working ( missing permission ?? ) - setxkbmap fr to make at each start up, cannot find a way to do automatically at booting...x11vnc not working...xfce not working....
If I am the only one to get such troubles, what can I do ?
pol

Postby pol » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:39 pm

Has someone successfully unlock x11vnc ? Mine doesn't accept any connexion ?
Thanks for idea...
pol

Postby pol » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:19 pm

Hi all,
I come back to this post after working on other linux boards like odroid c1 & U3 on which x11vnc works without issue.
I just reload a new sd-card with the latest hdmi firmware and am back on trial to work with vnc...no more success...I cannot find the way to run it. I can connect with ssh, x11vnc is installed, a password entered, but the client cannot connect, telling the parallella has forbiden any connexion ! What to do ?

> sudo x11vnc -storepasswd "psw" ~/.vnc_passwd
> sudo x11vnc -many -rfbauth ~/.vnc_passwd

...?
pol

Return to Linux/U-Boot