[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - List of problems with Ubuntu 14.04 (7010-hdmi board)

List of problems with Ubuntu 14.04 (7010-hdmi board)

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

List of problems with Ubuntu 14.04 (7010-hdmi board)

Postby paran » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi Everyone,
Here is the list of problems I am currently dealing with:
1) When running firefox, knoqueror or midori: the screen is flashing black. (possible memory management problem?)
2) the same problem occurs when running leafpad and occasionally emacs24 if more than one doc is opened or it is set to full screen
3) the parallella-utillities examples are not compiled.
4) dolphin - file manager is not running at all when activated.
5) tried to run mandelbrot example only and its not running at all.
6) after few days , even a desktop screen is flashing black screen. it is impossible to work on it.
7) mouse and keyboard works only when I am moving mouse when system start powering up and booting.
8) on login screen I attempted to reboot the system by using the icon on the bottom right screen. It does not reboot.
The only option that is left for me is to burn ubuntu again and try it again and if that does not work, then try another linux. Otherwise let somebody more competent come up with a better operating system for it.
I think we should focus on drivers and OS first before going into parallella SDK.
paran

Re: List of problems with Ubuntu 14.04 (7010-hdmi board)

Postby shodruk » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:55 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby paran » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:49 am

I did that already and the screen went completely black. My first impression is that Ubuntu is not stable.
paran

Postby shodruk » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:12 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby paran » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:01 pm

paran

Postby shodruk » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:40 pm

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby paran » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:27 pm

Thanks for follow up. I will look into it. Just to let you know that reboot by software does not work. As far as I can do is log off back to log in screen. There the reboot is not functional.
paran

Postby shodruk » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:20 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby paran » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 pm

I could not find the file to update screen resolution I even dont know which file I am looking for. Instead I used windows feature monitor setting and changed to lower resolution and saved it regardless. I turned it off and on and monitor is not even getting a signal. (except for log in screen) I am totally blind. Therefore I find ubuntu totally inaccessible. I will reburn ubuntu again and start from scratch. Or try to modify sd from my desktop pc without burning ubuntu again.
Last edited by paran on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
paran

Postby paran » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:13 pm

what is the purpose of other users besides linaro say syslog etc.What are their passwords.
paran

Next

Return to Linux/U-Boot