[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Headless Bitstream

Headless Bitstream

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Headless Bitstream

Postby miro » Thu May 15, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Everyone,
I am trying to use my Parallella in headless mode. I created the SD Card as described, and this is booting fine, starting Linaro with XCFE on HDMI. Then I downloaded the parallella_e16_headless_gpiose_7020.bit.bin from github and replaced it on the SD-Card naming as described. But the Parallella won't boot up then.. HDMI is as expected off, but I don't get the network working. (unfortunately I don't have serial cable, so I can't see what went wrong. ) Renaming the original parallella.bit.bin with HDMI back boots up immediately...(with working network)

Does anyone got this working? If so, can someone post me the md5 of the bin file, if its downloaded correctly?

Thx
Miro
miro

Re: Headless Bitstream

Postby 9600 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:28 am

Hi Miro,

I get:

dad03fff40a9b31e807e0f9291657517 parallella_e16_headless_gpiose_7020.bit.bin

Note that the Linux device tree will also need updating if the Parallella is being configured without a HDMI controller. I'd also strongly recommend getting a serial cable so that you can see what is going on, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, you should be able to put the SD card in another machine to read the logs.

Cheers,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Postby miro » Thu May 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Thanks, my checksum differs, so I'll have to download it again.. And thanks for the hint, for sure this one can make troubles too.. I'll look for one suitable serial cable for me.. :)
meanwhile I'll keep it in HDMI and try to get roff the matmul-16 error :cry:
miro

Postby 9600 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Andrew Back

Postby miro » Fri May 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Hi Andrew,
sure, that was a good question :-) I was dowloading the bitstream "as raw view". At least the content has similar structure to the original file (biary diff). I guess it was the device tree. I downoaded it from the tgz archive togheter withthe device tree and now it is working fine in headless mode (howver the md5 differ to yours, so its still different one) ;)
miro

Postby dpavlin » Sun May 25, 2014 3:13 pm

dpavlin

Postby FHuettig » Mon May 26, 2014 5:40 am

-- Fred -- Hardware Guy --
FHuettig

Return to Linux/U-Boot