[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Cannot find sda partition to mount usb stick

Cannot find sda partition to mount usb stick

Forum about Parallella boot process, linux kernel, distros, SD-cards, etc.

Cannot find sda partition to mount usb stick

Postby SizzClone » Thu May 01, 2014 4:33 am

Hi,

So I am a complete noob with Linux, but I have successfully set up the adaptiva parallella board with the linaro OS. I am using a USB hub and have plugged in mouse and keyboard which works fine. However I am trying to mount a USB stick.

From terminal if I issue the lsblk command I see the USB partition as sda1 (with the correct size of the usb stick). However when I run "sudo fdisk -l" nothing is displayed. I am trying to find to the location of sda1 so I can mount it, but can't find it anywhere. I have seen some posts mention that it is in /dev folder but it doesn't seem to be there either.

Once again I am a complete newbie at this so trying to figure out what I have done wrong or what I might be missing.

Any help much appreciated :-)
SizzClone

Re: Cannot find sda partition to mount usb stick

Postby shodruk » Thu May 01, 2014 12:20 pm

Please try this and tell me what happens.

http://elinux.org/Parallella_Linaro_Nan ... e_devtmpfs
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby SizzClone » Sun May 04, 2014 9:35 pm

Hey shodruk, Thanks for the reply. It looks like I will need to connect the device to the net to do follow those instructions.I am a university student, so will need to get ITsupport to allow the device on the network (we have strict firewall settings). So it might take a few days (they are also notoriously slow at getting stuff done) but I will let you know how it goes.
SizzClone

Postby SizzClone » Thu May 08, 2014 1:44 am

Okay so I followed those instructions and now the mmcblk0p1 and mmcblk0p2 partitions are showing up which is my SD card when "sudo fdisk -l" is given. However I still don't have the sda file partition to mount the USB stick. The weird thing is it shows up when "lsblk" command is issued, but it still I can't find where the file is to mount.

Any other suggestions?
SizzClone

Postby shodruk » Thu May 08, 2014 5:49 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby SizzClone » Thu May 08, 2014 11:48 pm

Yeah I tried that, when I try to mount I get the output "mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist" which is weird cause it shows up under lsblk command with the correct size of the drive..

I get this for
cat /proc/cmdline
console=ttyPS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw earlyprintk rootfstype=ext4 rootwait devtmpfs.mount=0

and
dmesg | grep devtmpfs
Kernel command line: console=ttyPS0,115200 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw earlyprintk rootfstype=ext4 rootwait devtmpfs.mount=0
devtmpfs: initialized
SizzClone

Postby shodruk » Fri May 09, 2014 5:05 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Return to Linux/U-Boot