Operating temperature ?

Any technical questions about the Epiphany chip and Parallella HW Platform.

Moderator: aolofsson

Operating temperature ?

Postby kiss1024 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi,

I'm wondering what the operating temperature would be. I tried to find it but no luck so far. Also, does the EVM board work with outdoor temperature - e.g. -30C degree ? As I checked the Zynq-7000 family, they do support industrial temperature.
Please let me know.

SK
kiss1024

Re: Operating temperature ?

Postby aolofsson » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Please note that for the time being, the initial Parallella boards should be considered evaluation bench top boards.

If you are looking for production ready industrial boards, there are many alternatives out there today. What will you be doing with the board at -30 deg C?

In the long terms we do hope that there will be a large number of Parallella board manufactures offering industrial grade boards.

Andreas
aolofsson

Re: Operating temperature ?

Postby kiss1024 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.
What I am working on is "adavnce traffic signal controller" device, which is attached in street pole and does count vehicles and checking the direction where it head using video analysis algorithm on TI multicore DSP. We have done first product and are looking for the other solution to make it small form factor and less power consumption. That's why we are interested in the Epiphany SoC. So, if my understand is correct, you don't have a EVM board which supports industrial temperature but the processor (Epiphany 16/64) should work at that temperature(e.g -40C). Am I right ?
If I am, can I expect that I can see the schematics in near future when it is shipped out ?

Thank you for answer in advance.

SK
kiss1024

Return to Epiphany and Parallella Q & A