[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - BOINC projects with open source code?

BOINC projects with open source code?

BOINC projects with open source code?

Postby ChrisGranger » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:15 pm

I'm only aware of one BOINC project with open source code: SubsetSum@Home () ()

Is anyone aware of other open source BOINC application code?

I imagine the individual project developers will want to control development of official Parallella-specific applications, but it might be helpful if others here look at the code in advance to determine if it can run on Parallella.
ChrisGranger

Re: BOINC projects with open source code?

Postby Claggy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Both Seti@home and Einstein@home source code is available:

Claggy
Claggy

Postby branjo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

Few of them already offer ARM processors applications (AFAIK SkyNet Pogs, OProject@Home). They might be easier to re-write to Parallella :?:
Last edited by branjo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
branjo

Postby Gedece » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:12 pm

I'd love to see World Community Grid on a parallella board.
Gedece

Postby branjo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

branjo

Postby Gedece » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:12 pm

BTW, this is the thread I started on the WCG forums while the project was being funded.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/forum ... read,33900
Gedece

Postby branjo » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:29 pm

Thank you for it. From your thread I heard about Parallella and backed one board :)
branjo

Postby Gedece » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 am

Great to know that, glad I was able to help a little.

BTW, I was looking through the BOINC GPU support and noticed that they did it with OpenCL, so it does not appear to be that impossible to port things to the Parallella boards, in fact the whole process now seems a lot more real for me.
Gedece

Postby ejohnfel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:29 am

I think it goes without saying that when some of the Kickstarter backers, myself included, first saw the Parallella, our first thought was of BOINC, Protein Folding and the NEO Search.

I was hoping to see some like minded people regarding this, so, if anyone is planning to port/test any of these projects, count me in.

It might be a good idea to start making a list of those interested in doing so and what projects of greatest interest.

I have greater plans for my Parallella's but I think these would be great starter projects to get my/our feet wet. Besides, they make for great visualization eye-candy for the community as well anyway. :)
Creating World Dominating Robots Since 2009... Just haven't figured out the World Domination Part yet :)
ejohnfel

Postby wolfgang8741 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:33 am

Another project with open source code is Milkyway@home - https://github.com/Milkyway-at-home

I'm glad to see the BOINC community is starting to talk about what is available and that sharing the Parallella Kickstarter on the BOINC pages generated such a positive reaction. I can't wait for the board to arrive.
wolfgang8741

Next

Return to Berkeley Open Infrastructure for Network Computing (BOINC)