[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - list of OpenCL functions missing in COPRTHR ??

list of OpenCL functions missing in COPRTHR ??

Moderator: dar

list of OpenCL functions missing in COPRTHR ??

Postby censix » Thu May 29, 2014 9:27 pm

censix

Re: list of OpenCL functions missing in COPRTHR ??

Postby nickoppen » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:32 am

I'm trying decide if my cl code has compiled cleanly and if not then to exit gracefull. I'm calling:

clGetProgramBuildInfo(*(stdacc->prg), *(stdacc->dev), CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_STATUS, 0, NULL, &space)

where space is an unsigned int

and

clGetProgramBuildInfo(*(stdacc->prg), *(stdacc->dev), CL_PROGRAM_BUILD_STATUS, sizeof(bOk), &bOk, NULL)

where bOk is a cl_build_status

and both end up with a segmenation fault.

Has anyone called this standard function with a successful return?

There's always a good chance that I've screwed up the arguments and made it past the compiler but I've tried LOTS of variations with no success.
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby censix » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:13 pm

I haven't used the clGetProgramBuildInfo() function ...

only using what browndeer used in the "hello_opencl.c" example.

I have however had quite a number of segfaults when using (or trying to use)
clgetDeviceInfo() to obtain certain device parameters ...

http://www.khronos.org/registry/cl/sdk/ ... eInfo.html

some don't make sense for the Epiphany, but in that case, I really think that the BDT openCL implementation should
return NULL or something else rather than produce a segfault ....
censix

Postby dar » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Sorry about that. I will take a look at why some of these queries cause segfaults. If you could post the queries you are having trouble with I can pay close attention to those.

-DAR
dar

clGetDeviceInfo

Postby nickoppen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:30 am

I got clGetDeviceInfo to work with CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS to return using the standard contexts stdacc, stdcpu and stddev. Trouble is that they all reported one compute unit.

I'm not sure if the Epiphany-16 is treated as one compute unit or 16 but I'd be surprised if the ARM with two cores is treated as one. Regardless, stddev ("/* All supported devices */") should be the sum of the other two contexts.
nickoppen

Postby dar » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:43 pm

dar

Postby nickoppen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:12 pm

Perhaps my understanding of stddev in not correct. The comment in the documentation /* All supported devices */ led me to think that it is a general context that contains all the devices available and therefore CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS would be the sum of the CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS of each device.

I'll stick with using stdacc and stdcpu individually until I understand how the whole thing works.
nickoppen

Postby dar » Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:06 pm

Your understanding is correct except for the interpretation of CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS which is a per-device metric. If you had 4 graphics in a workstation, stddev would show 5 devices, and if you queried each in turn you would get the CL_DEVICE_MAX_COMPUTE_UNITS of each one. The stddev STDCL context does not have a value itself. So for parallella, stdcpu and stdacc each have 1 device and stddev has 2 devices.

So to be clear, stddev is not fusing together multiple devices transparently (something like that is in the works, but not available yet), you must select a device using the devnum argument.
dar

Return to OpenCL