Getting Started with the SDK

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: Getting Started with the SDK

Postby AndyC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 pm

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately the git repository in not in a good way at the moment as they are changing everything, we should be getting a working version at the end of the month.

Currently the best way is to develop on the parallella with the supplied esdk and toolchain.

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

Postby jeremybennett » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi Andy,

The changes are all supposed to be on separate branches, precisely to avoid this sort of problem. The intention is to get everything working cleanly before merging in to the main branches. Which particular changes are causing problems?

Jeremy
jeremybennett

Postby AndyC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Well it doesn't build at the moment, viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1631#p10148
AndyC

Postby jeremybennett » Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:56 pm

Noted. I'm working on the scripts at the moment, so I'll investigate.

J
jeremybennett

Postby AndyC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks.

I managed to get it built a couple of weeks ago before the recent changes that seemed to break the build, I also built the new kernel with the /dev/epiphany device.

I went back to using the release kernel and sdk though as single stepping in e-server was not working, it would just hang. I know its a cheek but could you check this out as well?

All the best

Andy
AndyC

Postby jeremybennett » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:14 pm

I have major changes to the e-server in the pipeline, some of which will be in the new release. You'll have a single connection, and the cores will appear as GDB threads.

This will solve some problems, and doubtless raise others. GDB has a view of what a thread is, and it isn't quite the same as a Parallella core. But we think it is an improvement, and longer term it will make other things possible.
jeremybennett

Postby AndyC » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:23 pm

Sounds good :)
AndyC

Postby adexmont » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:37 pm

a question from a lazy person:I was trying to set up sdk just because to run cgminer on epiphany i understand that i need it.
I'm still get error, i spread the epiphany-sdk directory tree all around my filesystem because of error message that says directory does not exist .

Tried to export $EPIPHANY_HOME but still get error that says /opt/adapteva do not contain right information or something similar.

I'm not able to understand how to move but i start thinking that sdk environment is a must in a parallella os so the question is: is there any plan to provide sdk as a deb or even better to provide it as an automatic update?

Thanks for help
adexmont

Postby louloizides » Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:55 pm

I installed the SDK... but where is e-eclipse? Or do I install normal eclipse CDT and then some plugin?
louloizides

Postby alga_kbk » Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:47 am

Hello all, I'm new in this sphere. I just want to know, can I generate bitstream on vivado 2014.4 then export it. And buy Launching xilinx SDK download it to Parallella board and run simple hello world program(to see the result on terminal) without installing linaro or configuring epiphany
alga_kbk

PreviousNext

Return to Programming Q & A