[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Missing header files

Missing header files

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Missing header files

Postby sgrosser » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:45 pm

Hello,
I just installed the 5.0 sdk and attempted to compile the hello world example with epiphany-elf-gcc. It did not recognize any header files and terminated. What am I missing?
sgrosser

Re: Missing header files

Postby ysapir » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:09 am

@sgrosser, it is helpful to copy-paste the error message you receive when building. Also, are you using your PC, doing cross-compile, or do you build directly on the Parallella?
ysapir

Postby shodruk » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:40 am

Hi Yaniv,
I'm relieved to see your post again! :D
Shodruky
shodruk

Postby sgrosser » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:52 pm

@yaniv,

This is what I entered into the terminal and the error message I received:

sgrosser@ubuntu:~$ cd $EPIPHANY_HOME/examples
sgrosser@ubuntu:~/Desktop/epiphany-sdk-esdk.5.13.09.10/examples$ cd hello-world
sgrosser@ubuntu:~/Desktop/epiphany-sdk-esdk.5.13.09.10/examples/hello-world$ ./build.sh
src/hello_world.c:34:19: fatal error: e-hal.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I have tried with the other examples and with basic C programs, but the same error occurs. There is no difference when I use the epiphany-elf-gcc command.
I am using a PC with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit.
sgrosser

Postby ysapir » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:06 pm

@shodruk - thanks :P, well it is public by now that (KS update #49) that I am no longer working at Adapteva. Unfortunately, really. Thus, my resources are more limited, but I try to follow the forum, and if there is a strict software question, to give the dvice.
ysapir

Postby ysapir » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:12 pm

@sgrosser - it looks like you are using the Parallella build on your PC, instead of the PC oriented release. Please see this file for release details:

ftp://ftp.parallella.org/esdk/ESDK.revisions.txt

and grab the latest appropriate release for your situation (which should probably be esdk.5.13.07.10_linux_x86_64_armv7l.tgz).
ysapir

Postby shodruk » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:23 am

Shodruky
shodruk

Postby sgrosser » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:51 pm

@ysapir
You are definitely right about that. I tried implementing the 5.13.07.10 package, but I think i need a whole different toolchain. I restarted the whole process and built my toolchain. I had the 5.13.09.10 appear, so I replaced it with the 5.13.07.10 folder and proceeded. I change the build-sdk.sh so it would look for that, so the sdk build was successful. However, I still had my previous error when I attempted building any example. Is there a download-toolchain.sh meant for 5.13.07.10?
sgrosser

Postby ysapir » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:16 am

It looks like your EPIPHANY_HOME environment variable is not set, or set incorrectly. Please make sure the environment is properly set. This variable should contain the path the the root of the esdk tree (by default, /opt/adapteva/esdk).
ysapir

Postby Pieter-Jan » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 pm

Pieter-Jan

Next

Return to Programming Q & A