[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - connect() failed Build Error

connect() failed Build Error

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

connect() failed Build Error

Postby Tylerlee12 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Hello guys. So I was able to successfully set up the Epiphany SDK, and working with the SDK reference guide I was able to build a test application of Epiphany successfully. However, upon running the application the following was returned in the console:

Check the server is up
connect() failed for 127.0.0.1: connection refused

How can I fix this problem?
Tylerlee12

Re: connect() failed Build Error

Postby ysapir » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Looks like you are trying to run the hardware itself, not the simulator. Can you give more details?
ysapir

Postby Tylerlee12 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks for your response.

Up to this point, all I have done is installed the Epiphany SDK using the INSTALL doc from here: ftp://ftp.parallella.org/esdk/, opened up the Eclipse that came in that installation, and then created a new C project using the Epiphany toolchain. Then, directly following the SDK reference manual, I went to the "Project" menu and selected "Build All". Finally, I selected "Run as Configuration". I was attempting to run the Hello World program that came with the project.

I don't have a Parallella board yet, but I will have access to a few in November. I was (clearly) attempting to run this program on my computer, and not a board.

I wasn't aware that there was a simulator available. My goal was to tinker with the ESDK and it's functions before I have access to the boards, so when I do have access to the boards I'm ready to develop using the software development kit.

Let me know the best way to go about this, and once again I appreciate your assistance.

Edit: I have included a picture of my screen when I encounter this error.

ParallellaError.JPG
ParallellaError.JPG (156.71 KiB) Viewed 11826 times
Tylerlee12

Postby ysapir » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:42 am

1. The eclipse project template is obsolete, as it was written for the old, EMEK platform. For Parallella, see code samples in the esdk/examples directory. This is mentioned in the eSDK Reference Manual.

2. Anyway, this project, by default, relies on the e-server to connect to the actual hardware (EMEK board). In order to run on PC, you need the simulator (e-run).
ysapir

Return to Programming Q & A