[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - COPRTHR 2 Discussion

COPRTHR 2 Discussion

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: COPRTHR 2 Discussion

Postby nickoppen » Tue May 31, 2016 5:37 am

Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 am

nickoppen

Postby sebraa » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:21 pm

You need to link against the eSDK as well. Try to add "-le-lib" to the linker flags.
sebraa

Postby nickoppen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:24 am

This was weird! The -le-lib got rid of the e_dma_copy not found problem but not the __corenum_to_coreid not found problem.

Looking back at the coprthr2 examples, all of my switches were the same but the example used MPI_Sendrecv_replace and when I used this call instead of a Send() Recv() combination... everything was fine (even without the -le-lib).

I'll run with MPI_Sendrecv_replace for now.

PS the same problem showed up with MPI_Sendrecv (without the replace)
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:34 am

nickoppen

Postby mjvbhaskar1000 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:37 pm

Hello All,

I am new to parallella. I have downloaded and installed the latest headless installation and installed the required softwares.
When I try to build nbody_mpi or mpi-fft2d, etc i get the following error.
cc -O2 -DMPI_BUF_SIZE=128 -DMPI_BUF_SIZE=128 -I. -I/usr/local/browndeer/include -I/usr/local/browndeer/include/coprthr -c mpi_fft2d_host.c
cc -o mpi_fft2d_host.x mpi_fft2d_host.o -L/usr/local/browndeer/lib -lcoprthr -lcoprthrcc -lm
mpi_fft2d_host.o: In function `coprthr_mpiexec':
mpi_fft2d_host.c:(.text+0x56): undefined reference to `coprthr_ncreate'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mpi_fft2d_host.x] Error 1
Kindly help me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bhaskar M
mjvbhaskar1000

Postby nickoppen » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:04 pm

One potential problem that I can see is that you are using cc rather than gcc as the compiler/linker.

Check your environment variables. The coprthr install files mostly come with a text file that says what needs to be changed. Everything needs to be exactly right before it all hangs together.

Other than that, it's a bit hard to diagnose problems like this via a forum post. Often it takes a bit of a "can opener" approach to figure it out.
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:24 am

Thinking about my post above regarding MPI_Sendrecv_replace()... I implemented a topology where no message had to travel further than to an adjacent core and ALL MESSAGES ARRIVED!

(The sent message was still not overwritten by the incoming message though... no surprises there)
nickoppen

Postby mjvbhaskar1000 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:29 pm

mjvbhaskar1000

Postby mjvbhaskar1000 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:33 pm

mjvbhaskar1000

PreviousNext

Return to Programming Q & A