[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - looking for the right eSDK version

looking for the right eSDK version

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

looking for the right eSDK version

Postby PillePalle » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:37 pm

hey guys!

i was working on my parallella boards the past months using opencl and was now wondering how fast i could get my code using native c and the eSDK.
unfortunately i was not quite able to figure out which version of the eSDK one is supposed to use and which ones actually include the eclipse platform to easily get my code up and running. also i think i read somewhere there should be used different versions of the eSDK for different versions of the parallella board?

i would be really thankful if someone could point me in the right direction. my goal right now would be to get the eSDK WITH eclipse running on a Ubuntu 14.04 VM to start testing native c code on the epiphany chip of my parallella boards

thanks in advance for your help!
PillePalle

Re: looking for the right eSDK version

Postby PillePalle » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:35 pm

is there really nobody who can help me with my problem? even just a little help would be greatly apreciated...
PillePalle

Postby snim2 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:49 pm

I have never personally managed to get Eclipse to work with this toolchain. However, the version of eSDK I'm currently using can be found here:

Hope that helps!

Sarah
snim2

Postby PillePalle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:22 pm

well that would be quite unpleasant...

i had already seen that new release you are referring to, but was quite surprised when i didnt find any trace of e-eclipse after setting it up. is there any sort of release time for a newer working e-eclipse version or a good alternative? it just seems like a huge pain to actually write & debug code for the epiphany without any visual feedback...

thanks for your info though! im always thankful for even the slightest push in the right direction ;)
PillePalle

Postby snim2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:54 pm

TBH I'm not so keen on using an IDE for C code, so I'm not really the person to ask! If you look around the forums you will find that some people are using CodeBlocks, which you can read about here:

Emacs, vim and Sublime Text will not let you down :)

Sarah
snim2

Postby PillePalle » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:10 pm

yeah i already stumbled over that post, but i was still hoping that there was some kind of official solution to all this...
im not a huge fan of IDEs when it comes to simple C coding either, normally im doing just fine using sublime and vim.
the only reason why i was looking for e-eclipse was the debuging part where it seemed like e-eclipse had some handy functions.
also i thought i could spend more time with the actual kernel code than worrying about the whole initialization part this way...
i guess i'll just start by resycling some example code for my needs for now :D
PillePalle

Postby snim2 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 pm

If it helps, I suspect eclipse is just calling e-sim or e-run, or similar.
snim2

Return to Programming Q & A