[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - New Parallella SDK release! (Beta testers needed)

New Parallella SDK release! (Beta testers needed)

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: New Parallella SDK release! (Beta testers needed)

Postby aolofsson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:43 pm

New beta can be found here...
Regrettably only some of the transfer speeds have been upgraded.

ftp://ftp.parallella.org/ubuntu/dists/t ... mage/beta/

Complete iso images, just did...

Andreas
aolofsson

Postby Melkhior » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:55 pm

Melkhior

Postby sebraa » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 pm

Hi,

I noticed that the Parallella (Epiphany-16 / Zynq7010 / with HDMI) boards are not the same. We used a somewhat old ubuntu-lxde-14.03.06-p16g1.img image, which is still available on the FTP server.

When trying to boot some newer Parallella boards, it failed to boot. Nothing, not even penguins on the HDMI screen. Using the same SD card on an older board worked. (Apart from the penguin problem, but we lived with it so far.) So we decided to update to the current beta image (ubuntu-14.04-headless-z7010-20150130.1). The newer boards boot fine and - so far - reliable. However, the older boards receive an IP adress, reply to ping requests for a second, then go dead. I have no idea why. They do work with the older image.

I tried boards with different serial numbers (numbers are approximate: 1100, 5600, 7200, 7800, 8000, 8500, 8900, 9000, 9200, 9300). The first one differs from the others by having U13, and is blue instead of blue-greenish. Apart from that, I don't see any differences between the boards.

All boards with serial numbers lower than 7200 worked with the old image, but not with the new image.
All boards with serial numbers higher than 7800 worked with the new image, but not with the old image.

Did something on the Parallella boards change in between? Running with different images (and slightly incompatible SDKs) is not really fun in the long run.

Oh, and on an unrelated note: Does the new image allow reliable netbooting of Parallella boards? Because, if I remember correctly, old u-boots reprogrammed the network chip, making it unusable after booting. Has that been fixed as well?

update: We found a board with a serial number around 250, and that one does boot fully into the new image. Unfortunately, that doesn't help the other boards. :-(

Best Regards,
sebraa
Last edited by sebraa on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
sebraa

Postby gruzija » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:46 am

Hi there

I downloaded ubuntu-14.04-headless-z7020-20150130.1.img.gz.
Board starts fine but when i try to log in i get wrong password.

Is the username and password changed from linaro, linaro ?

EDIT:

https://github.com/adapteva/epiphany-sd ... ease-Notes

Username: parallella
Password: parallella

Cheers:)
gruzija

Postby olajep » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 am

_start = 266470723;
olajep

Postby sebraa » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Yes, one of the "known faulty" boards boots and works fine with the 7020 image.
I didn't even think about it before. :-(

Thanks, Ola!
sebraa

Postby alexB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 am

Just to note that anyone trying to use the new images, in case they end up here, will need the new login detail (which I can't see in this thread, could be wrong) of parallella/parallella. Mentioning that linaro/linaro is wrong left me knashing my teeth. :D
alexB

Postby alexB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 pm

Comments on the new sdk:
- Not the sdk, but the new image seems more stable, as in boot success. Either that or my old sd card was a problem.
- The release notes should list breaking changes. My list of finds:
++ Proograms may need to link -le-loader.
++ ESYS_REGS_BASE changed. I used images, but why not list kernel compatibility?
++ The note about e_reset_system needs to be more specific. What API calls or hardware operations count as "access the Epiphany"? I have a program that calls both verbosity calls, and does an init (obviously) before reset and wasted time thinking this sequence was now disallowed. Turns out I had another problem (stale hdf file).

https://github.com/adapteva/epiphany-sd ... ease-Notes

Thanks for the updates.
alexB

Postby greytery » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:50 pm

tery
greytery

Postby cmcconnell » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:50 am

Colin.
cmcconnell

Previous

Return to Programming Q & A