[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Epiphany-Examples cannot find -le-lib [esdk.2014.08.rc]

Epiphany-Examples cannot find -le-lib [esdk.2014.08.rc]

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Epiphany-Examples cannot find -le-lib [esdk.2014.08.rc]

Postby Gamedrummer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:47 pm

I have been trying to get the new eSDK functioning, for my work with ROS (), over the last month. I have been building the 2014.08.rc branch of the Epiphany-SDK repository () with no build failures, and building it both entirely on the Parallella and using the Canadian Cross Compile to no avail.

The problem I am having is that I am unable to run any example code, making it unclear as to if the eSDK did not build correctly, or if the example code does not support a new API that I do not know of. Whenever I attempt to run an example from the Epiphany-Examples repository () on either the master branch or the 2014.08.rc branch the e-gcc compiler responds with, "unable to find -le-lib". Is there something I am forgetting, or is the eSDK just not stable/supported yet?

If you have any questions regarding my setup check the ROS thread mentioned above.

--John
http://www.chicagoedt.org/
Gamedrummer

Re: Epiphany-Examples cannot find -le-lib [esdk.2014.08.rc]

Postby notzed » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:12 am

Use "ldd program" to find out where it is looking for elib or if it's finding the wrong version.

Maybe LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't correct. sudo strips it so you can't "sudo thing", easiest workaround is to "sudo bash" first.

edit: sorry you mention e-gcc but talk about running. For the compiler it has to be in the link path, -L/path/xx, so check that is correct for the gcc command line.
notzed

Re: Epiphany-Examples cannot find -le-lib [esdk.2014.08.rc]

Postby Gamedrummer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:44 am

I figured it out, the issue was that the cross compiling did not build everything. I will have a detailed guide on what I did to correct the issue on the ROS thread ().

--John
http://www.chicagoedt.org/
Gamedrummer

Return to Programming Q & A