[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Epiphany IDE (Eclipse)

Epiphany IDE (Eclipse)

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: Epiphany IDE (Eclipse)

Postby Len » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:18 pm

next post
Last edited by Len on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Len

Postby Len » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:19 pm

I had Debian Wheezy installed on a Raspberry Pi which is the recommended version of Linux to use. I don't remember if I used the GUI installer and selected Eclipse from the menu or if I typed: "sudo apt-get install eclipse" from a command prompt. It took about a half day to install itself, but the Pi only has 512k memory. I believe the Pi is ARM7 but the armhf port works for it. Wheezy also supports armel. I don't know, but suspect the hard floating point version would work for ARM9. I tried to find something more, but this is what I found for Wheezy.

http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

A little more digging and I found this:

https://blogs.oracle.com/jtc/entry/is_it_armhf_or_armel

and it mentions in there that Ubuntu will be releasing strictly for armhf.
Len

Postby Len » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:46 pm

I am almost positive I was using the Synaptic Package Manager, I seem to remember trying "apt-get" and it couldn't find Eclipse. It was listed under development tools in Synaptic.
Len

Postby madtom1999 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:12 am

My apologies if this is answered elsewhere but my searches are too common!
Is there going to be a C++ toolchain setup for Eclipse so I can do some of that - or is there a frig so I can create and build a C++ project using the Epiphany toolchain in Eclipse?
madtom1999

Postby 9600 » Fri May 24, 2013 9:35 am

Andrew Back

Postby madtom1999 » Fri May 24, 2013 10:55 am

I downloaded and installed from there a day or two ago.

If I try and create a C++ Epiphany project I just get the message "At least one toolchain should be selected" and no way of adding and selecting the toolchain
madtom1999

Postby ysapir » Fri May 24, 2013 11:52 am

I do not remember right now how the plugin behaves for C++ projects, but what I did in the past was to use a C project template and then change the Project Properties command from gcc to g++. However, it may not be sufficient. I will try later and post the result.
ysapir

Postby madtom1999 » Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 pm

I tried that and it didnt seem to work...
madtom1999

Postby ysapir » Fri May 24, 2013 8:29 pm

Until I have a full solution (I did that in the past, but I have to look for the flow), please use the non-automatic makefile generation option and write your own build scripts (either shells script or makefile) to use e-g++.

1. Go to Project Properties
2. C/C++ Build
3. On "Builder Settings" tab:
4. Uncheck the "Use default build command" and put your own script, possibly using the project path, as "${ProjDirPath}/build.sh" or "${ProjDirPath}/${ConfigName}/build.sh" or similar (you have a list of builtin variables when you click on the "Variables..." button to the right.
5. Uncheck the "Generate Makefiles automatically.
6. Set the "Build location" if necessary.
7. On "Behaviour" tab:
8. Here you can define the command line arguments for your build script for the builtin "Build" and "Clean" project operations.
ysapir

Previous

Return to Programming Q & A