[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Memory existence issue :(

Memory existence issue :(

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Memory existence issue :(

Postby elliottpaulrees » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Hey guys,

I have a program running the same SREC file on all 16 cores of my board at the same time and I want to read the data I receive back from them.

In order to do this, I intend for each core to write its data in one of 16 specific memory locations allocated within the shared external memory from code running on the ARM chip.

When I allocate some memory within the shared memory from the ARM chip, I'm unsure how to inform the epiphany core's that the allocated memory exists, its address and its size so I can then write to it?

Is there a function which calls a map of the allocated memory on the board or can I hard core a memory address in?

HELP! :D
elliottpaulrees

Re: Memory existence issue :(

Postby sebraa » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:46 pm

I do the same. I defined a "struct shm_s", which is located in shared memory, and contains the memory for all cores.

On the cores, I declare a struct shm_s shm SECTION(".shared_dram"), which I know will be located in shared memory with offset 16 MiB. This is the offset I need to call e_alloc() with as well (because the lower 16 MiB of shared memory are used for libraries, heap and stuff).

Make sure that you have this structure either packed or aligned correctly, otherwise the compiler will generate bytewise loads and stores.
sebraa

Postby Quantum » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:26 pm

Quantum

Postby sebraa » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:12 pm

sebraa

Return to Programming Q & A