[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Postby AndyC » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:38 am

Yes, I just tried it in the properties.

if you put the following in the build properties command for the file:

ldd /usr/local/browndeer/bin/clcc1

What is the output when you build?
AndyC

Postby nickoppen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:06 am

Not real good:

ldd /usr/local/browndeer/bin/clcc1
libclelf.so => not found
libcoprthrcc.so => not found
libocl.so => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6 (0xb6ece000)
/lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0xb6fcb000)
Linking stage skipped (build target has no object files to link)

I'll try and figure out why I get:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=

when I run "env" in the pre-build steps.
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby AndyC » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:14 am

And from the command line logged in as linaro what does it give you?
AndyC

Postby AndyC » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:23 am

Env gives the correct result here.

Something in your project or main settings must be messing things up.

I have included my test project, load it into codeblocks and build it and see what happens.
Attachments
OpenCL2.tar.gz
(1.28 KiB) Downloaded 1560 times
AndyC

Postby nickoppen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:40 am

env from the shell shows everything the same as from the pre-build steps except LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Thanks for you project. I'm going to compare mine with yours. It must be a setting somewhere.
nickoppen

Postby AndyC » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:58 am

It still might not work, if it doesn't then it points towards the CodeBlocks settings being wrong.
AndyC

Postby nickoppen » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Hi Andy,

Now here's a mystery for you.

Your test example behaved the same way as mine. So there was something wrong with the way my C::B was working that meant that LD_LIBRARY_PATH was not being set.

This pushed me in the direction of Settings | Environment > Environment and when I explicitly set LD_LIBRARY_PATH it worked! C::B protested and said that was already set but when I set it anyway everything came good. Why this happened I have no idea.

Thanks for your assistance.

nick
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:37 am

Hi,

For those who want to use Code::Blocks for OpenCL development I've posted a set up procedure here:

As always, if I've missed anything please let me know.

nick
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:41 am

Hi Andy,

Host debugging is working fine but I'm having trouble with the epiphany debugging.

On the code::blocks side I get:

Building to ensure sources are up-to-date
Selecting target:
CL
Adding source dir: /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/
Adding source dir: /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/
Adding file: /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/bin/Debug/ndfork.elf
Changing directory to: /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/.
Starting debugger: /opt/adapteva/esdk/tools/e-gnu/bin/e-gdb -nx -fullname -quiet -args /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/bin/Debug/ndfork.elf
done
Registered new type: wxString
Registered new type: STL String
Registered new type: STL Vector
Connecting to remote target
Setting breakpoints
Reading symbols from /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/bin/Debug/ndfork.elf...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Debugger name and version: GNU gdb (Epiphany toolchain (built 20130910)) 7.6
Connected
In ?? () ()

and on the e-server I get:

linaro-nano:~> e-server
Warning: The HDF environment variable <EPIPHANY_HDF> is overwritten by command line option.
Using the HDF file: /opt/adapteva/esdk/bsps/current/platform.xml
Listening for RSP on port 51000
Listening for RSP on port 51001
Listening for RSP on port 51002
Listening for RSP on port 51004
Listening for RSP on port 51006
Listening for RSP on port 51015
Listening for RSP on port 51013
Listening for RSP on port 51008
Listening for RSP on port 51011
Listening for RSP on port 51010
Listening for RSP on port 51014
Listening for RSP on port 51012
Listening for RSP on port 51009
Listening for RSP on port 51007
Listening for RSP on port 51005
Listening for RSP on port 51003
Remote debugging from host 10.1.1.10
[808]: connected to port 51000

That to me looks as if both sides are talking at least on port 51000 which is the only port I've set up in code::blocks. I have a single break point in the kernel and the debugger stops and waits for a but does not show the line with the break point with the green triangle.

I suspect that the problem lies with the line:

Reading symbols from /home/linaro/Work/ndfork/bin/Debug/ndfork.elf...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

What do you think?

nick
nickoppen

Postby AndyC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:11 pm

Hi Nick,

Just to check are you compiling with the -g flag?

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

PreviousNext

Return to Programming Q & A