[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

Re: Code::Blocks - Good alternative to eclipse

Postby nickoppen » Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi Andy,

The Brown Deer offline compiler, clcc calls the SDK and it seems to use the -g flag:

e-g++ -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -Wunused-variable -ffp-contract=fast -mlong-calls -mfp-mode=truncate -falign-loops=8 -falign-functions=8 -w -fstack-usage -fno-exceptions -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -fno-stack-protector -I/opt/adapteva/esdk/tools/e-gnu/epiphany-elf/sys-include -fpermissive -D__coprthr_device__ -x c++ -I/usr/local/browndeer/include -D __xcl_kthr__ --include=e32pth_if_needham.h --include=opencl_lift.h --include=e32_opencl_ext.h -D __STDCL_KERNEL_VERSION__=020000 -D__COPRTHR__ -D E32_DRAM_ZEROPAGE=0x8e100000 -I/home/linaro/Work/ndfork -D __coprthr__ -S oWyBXV.cpp
execshell> cd /tmp/xclYwTdtI; e-g++ -O0 -g -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -ffast-math -ftree-vectorize -funroll-loops -Wunused-variable -ffp-contract=fast -mlong-calls-funr9

I create an elf file and then link it to the executable. The clnm utility seems to report the presence of symbols as well:

linaro-nano:~/Work/ndfork/bin/Debug> clnm ndfork.elf
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' bin [coprthr:ARMv7]
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' bin [coprthr:E16G Needham]
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' ksym k_callCount
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' bin [coprthr:ARMv7]
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' bin [coprthr:E16G Needham]
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' ksym k_callCount
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' src [<generic>]
clnm: '/home/linaro/Work/ndfork/ndfork.cl' src [<generic>]

code::blocks seems to be missing them somehow?

nick
Sharing is what makes the internet Great!
nickoppen

Postby AndyC » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Hi Nick,

I will have a look tomorrow for you....

Andy
AndyC

Postby AndyC » Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:55 pm

Hi Nick,

Sorry there was a step missing from my original post, I have edited that post to add a stage 13.

13. Settings->debugger->EGDB add the following line to "Debugger Initialisation Commands":
Load

It should work for you then (hopefully!).

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

Postby nickoppen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:34 am

Thanks Andy,

Unfortunately that has not done the trick.

I'm going to have to get my head around e-gdb so that I actually understand what I am doing rather than have wild stabs settings and values.

Could you post an executable that works for you so that I have something that I know will work. That's what lead to me getting over the last problem I had.

nick
nickoppen

Postby AndyC » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:34 am

Attachments
hello-world.tar.gz
(21.56 KiB) Downloaded 1548 times
AndyC

Postby nickoppen » Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:54 am

Thanks Andy that's great. Now I know what I am looking for.

I can see straight away that my load command is not working. I'll have a play over the next couple of days.

nick
nickoppen

Postby nickoppen » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:38 am

Unfortunately I have not been able to get e-gdb going with OpenCL code at all.

But if anyone wants to see AndyC's procedure with screen shots, I've written it up here:

nick
nickoppen

Postby davidl » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 pm

davidl

Postby AndyC » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:45 pm

Hi David,

Well it look like it is not compiling your source to me.

What is the name of your source file?

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

Postby davidl » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Greetings,
I've attached the script. It's a .c file
Thank you very much for your help

David
Attachments
Epiphany_Hello.c