[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - e-eclipse not found

e-eclipse not found

Discussion about Parallella (and Epiphany) Software Development

Moderators: amylaar, jeremybennett, simoncook

e-eclipse not found

Postby matthias.b » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:59 pm

Hello,

I received my parallella board this week and I am trying to set up the SDK on a Ubuntu VM.

I did the installation process as described here:
which worked fine and I can see the installed compiler versions if I type epiphany-elf-gcc --version or e-gcc --version respectively.

What I am not sure about is if I need to install eclipse separately or how I should proceed. I found a script in ~/epiphany-sdk/sdk/epiphany-libs/src/e-utils/e-eclipse.sh which (I guess) is used to start eclipse but the folder it points too is not present in my current sdk installation ($EPIPHANY_HOME/tools/e-eclipse/eclipse).

Would be great if someone can point me in the right direction :)
matthias.b

Re: e-eclipse not found

Postby Colin » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:51 pm

HI,

I also have been attempting an install on a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS system.

I tried installing the SDK following the instructions in the SDK reference manual at
http://adapteva.com/docs/epiphany_sdk_ref.pdf without success as none of the executables would run. I then followed the instructions at https://github.com/adapteva/epiphany-sd ... ng-the-SDK, which was sucessful in creating runnable executables. However I have the same probem with Elipseas matthias.b. I made a new clean in stall of Eclipse using "sudo apt-get install eclipse" and then followed instruntions (not sure where I found these now as I have looked in SO many places for inspiration to make this work) to load new software using the Eclipse "help>install new software..." option with site "http://esdk.adapteva.com/eclipse", and got the following messages in Eclipse:-

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: Epiphany Development Tools 1.0.0.201201191813 (com.adapteva.cdt.epiphany.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201201191813)
Missing requirement: Epiphany Debug port 1.0.0.201201191813 (com.adapteva.cdt.epiphany.debug 1.0.0.201201191813) requires 'package org.eclipse.cdt.debug.gdbjtag.core.jtagdevice 0.0.0' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: Epiphany Development Tools 1.0.0.201201191813 (com.adapteva.cdt.epiphany.feature.feature.group 1.0.0.201201191813)
To: com.adapteva.cdt.epiphany.debug [1.0.0.201201191813]

So I have no SDK and therefore cannot follow through the examples in the SDK guide.

I have now spent 3 ot 4 days attempting to get a working SDK.
Please help!.

Colin.
Colin

Postby AndyC » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:07 pm

AndyC

Postby jeremybennett » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:08 pm

jeremybennett

Postby matthias.b » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:03 am

Thank you all for the help!

I could set up the hello-world project in eclipse like described in . My problem now: If I try to compile the core projects compile just fine but the master project gives me the error "e-objcopy: unrecognized option '--coreid'

Does someone know what the problem could be?

I checked $e-objcopy --info but there is no option '--coreid'
The version of e-objcopy is 2.23.2.20130723
matthias.b

Postby Colin » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03 am

HI,

First of all Andy & Jeremy thanks for the replies which were postied so promptly.

I have downloaded 5.13.07.10 as suggested and I have found the Eclipse application which behaves as described in the Epiphany SDK Reference manual. This is encouraging. I now need to work through the rest of teh documentatin to see were I get to.

However I do now have mores questions.
What is difference between 5.13.07.10 and 5.13.09.10 other than the latter does not have the eclipse application?
I have a Parrallela board SKUA101020. Can I used the SDK in 5.13.07.10 to develop software for this board?

Jeremy, i'm not sure exactly what you are refering to by an 'Eclipse development environment'. I followed the instrcutions at https://github.com/adapteva/epiphany-sd ... cc-modules which is titled 'Downloading ther SDK' to build esdk.5.13.10.9. I believe this worked. I was expecting this to provide an SDK, which seemd to be missing so did not know were to go next.

Cheers,
Colin.
Colin

Postby AndyC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Colin,

I have been bashing my head against the wall here so this is probably the blind leading the blind.

From what I have worked out so far 5.13.07.10 can be built on a x64 box, 5.13.09.10 cannot as the esdk build stuff uses the X64 compiler instead of the arm one!

The Parallella boot image uses 5.13.09.10.

I have tried cross compiling with 5.13.07.10 on a linux box but the executables have problems running on 5.13.09.10, I keep getting stack smashing for some reason.

So I have been trying to get 5.13.09.10 working on x64 to see if that fixes the problem.

The latest eSSK and ELibs on GIT build ok but do not run on the Parallella as the kernel they use is different.

The release versions of ESdk and eLib do not build correctly on X64 so I am currently trying to fix this up.

A also tred puttin 5.13.07.10 on my parallella and that had issues as well.

Its all a bit Catch 22!
AndyC

Postby jeremybennett » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:36 pm

Hi Colin,

The "SDK" is a command line SDK. Eclipse is an extension, which I believe is currently unstable (I don't usually use Eclipse).

AndyC,

Thanks for your comments. I'm working on an update to the toolchain to try to fix some of the problems people have been having recently.

Jeremy
jeremybennett

Postby AndyC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for the post.

Ben replied in one of my many other posts about how to build the kernel that includes the /dev/epiphany device, I will give this a go with the most recent git files and see how it goes.

Cheers

Andy
AndyC

Return to Programming Q & A