Parallella Case

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Parallella Case

Postby FatherSuperior » Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:13 pm

I recently got my 2 boards and a case. While trying to assemble the case, the white plastic parts that are supposed to keep the case and board together broke (they are kind of flimsy). They still keep the case together but barely. Does somebody know where I could get just those 2 parts?
FatherSuperior

Re: Parallella Case

Postby gceline » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 pm

contact support@adapteva.com - we have a few spares we can send you
Graham
Adapteva
gceline

Re: Parallella Case

Postby nmalinoski » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:05 pm

I have to say, I was disappointed at the lack of information in the Parallella updates regarding the cases (It was pretty much non-existent), and I'm even moreso disappointed to find out that the cases Adapteva decided to go with are acrylic. I have some experience with acrylic cases for the Raspberry Pi, and they're pretty crap. Perhaps it was just the supplier that was used, but the thickness of the acrylic is rarely consistent, so pieces will either fit loosely or not at all; and the cases aren't very sturdy nor mountable.

I think injection-molded cases would've been cheaper and better, and I would've liked to see a VESA-mount case or plate.

Edit: Just got my units today, and put together the case. It has a surprisingly tight fit, and none of the joints seem loose. This is good for laser-cut acrylic cases; however, my concerns regarding the VESA mount still apply.
nmalinoski

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories