[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - modularity

modularity

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Re: modularity

Postby MfA » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:36 pm

MfA

Postby adexmont » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:20 am

hi, i'm posting my evaluation progress here, if you are not interested or you think this is not usefull for your project , just delete the post.
I'm using this space because i started here the "project" and hope that in some way you may be interested in my consideration.

I was thinking on a 4 side connector oriented to be an hybrid interface (automatic recognising) able to choose if comunicate as sodimm ddr3-4 or pci-express but don't know how, just thinking that it's possible
I'm stucking in a question: how can i manage 4 I/O rail (8 way) and how big is the device tht let me manage this kind of connection.

I'm started from the standard sodimm interface, so long side is 6.76 cm (suppose that board is aboout 2 mm thikness so the other 2 dimension of the connector are around 6 mm) and handle 204 ddr3 or 256 ddr4 pin (on dual side printed board).

I was thinking to add 2 or 4 pin tht can manage the address of peripherial board (bus address) it may help to redirect information between peripherials.

With the risk to be boring and inconsistent i just remember tht i'm mechanichal graduated and i'm a bit far from programming so forgive me if i'm reasoning on wrong basis, just underline my fault and maybe we can solve together.

the image refers to the connector in the previews posted images just to figure out my point of view.

ADD
A piece of my thought already realized (maybe it's an allucination)
on mouser ka-ro-tx25-28-COM
Attachments
Karo-TX-25-COM.jpg
Karo-TX-25-COM.jpg (5.25 KiB) Viewed 12811 times
connector side view.png
connector side view.png (195.15 KiB) Viewed 12836 times
connector front view.png
connector front view.png (165.76 KiB) Viewed 12836 times
adexmont

Postby adexmont » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am

I'm not able to really understand this , but you may find usefull information and maybe someone will build my project :lol:
http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html

and this is an example of interface between pci and ddr: http://www.gigabyte.us/search/search.as ... MDISK#pr-1

I found this old project too, looks interesting and very old: http://www.scizzl.com/
adexmont

Previous

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories