[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - Free 3D printable case for parallella

Free 3D printable case for parallella

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

Free 3D printable case for parallella

Postby smatthews » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:50 am

Hi everyone,

I'm a CS professor that taught a parallel computing course with the Parallella last semester. As part of the prep for my course, I co-designed some case files that all my students used. You can access the files from Thingiverse at this link:
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:892684

The students used the case all of last semester and reported no issues with cooling. One of the nice things about the case are the connectors -- using them, you can create a cluster of parallellas that can be built horizontally or vertically. I demo'd this cluster and case design at SIGCSE'15 back in March.

Enjoy!

-Suzanne
smatthews

Re: Free 3D printable case for parallella

Postby jahorin » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:09 pm

Also a link to your cluster setup guide for students which I used at the beginning of setting up my cluster and found very helpful!

Thanks!
jahorin

Re: Free 3D printable case for parallella

Postby smatthews » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:57 pm

Thank you for posting that link, and I'm thrilled that you found it helpful!

The linked PDF is the original tutorial I created last November for my students. I recently transcribed that tutorial along with the bulk of my teaching materials related to Parallella at . You can access the transcribed tutorial at: .

Other users may find the single-node setup tutorial that I wrote useful. The transcribed tutorial can be accessed at: . The original tutorial I wrote last October can be found at: .

-Suzanne
smatthews

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories