[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Parallella Community • View topic - usb webcam and uvcvideo

usb webcam and uvcvideo

Sub forum for Parallella daughter cards and accessories

Moderator: Folknology

usb webcam and uvcvideo

Postby bytefx » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:02 am

hi,

has anyone compiled the uvcvideo source on the para board successfully? if so, pls can you assist. i get to the point where it requires 3.015... package.

the reason for the uvcvideo source for installation is to utilise the logitech quickcam orbit AF with the para board via usb.

is this feasible or do i need a camera board or similar like a Rasp Pi ?
bytefx

Re: usb webcam and uvcvideo

Postby 9600 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:43 am

I cannot see a reason why you could not use a USB webcam, but it's possible that it may require building a custom kernel — I just don't know as I haven't looked into this.

Not sure what you mean by "i get to the point where it requires 3.015... package". Version 3.015 of what?

When it comes to building software from source, this should be no different to building on any other Ubuntu/ARM-based platform and if you get stuck with a particular piece of software, the first place to look would be the forums/list for that project, as someone else may have come across the same problem.

Regards,

Andrew
Andrew Back

Re: usb webcam and uvcvideo

Postby bytefx » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Thanks for the response.

Yes, my thoughts exactly on the usb webcam.
Some webcams need a custom kernel whilst some do not. The logitech quickcam sphere orbit AF has a good face detection module and appears to be supported in the uvcvideo.

i aim to use a bog standard usb webcam which has supported drivers on ubuntu/linux OS.

>> Not sure what you mean by "i get to the point where it requires 3.015... package". Version 3.015 of what?
i'll get the details when running it next, good point i should check the related forum. just assumed para board users may have faced this issue.

i'll respond soon on my investigation.

appreciate the advice :-)
bytefx

Return to Daughter Cards & Accessories